• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • san3ani
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.8.x

cannot open old topics invalid URL

Hello
    I was trying to fix the mobile suit to work with my arabic forum and I read here that that utf-8 encoding is required for that.
    So I created a new database with utf8 and converted my old database data to utf8. At the end my forum home page was working and I was able to send and receive pm to users. However, the threads sections and topic where not accessible due to invalid URL encoding. I tried to fix this with no success. So I gave up for now and decided to go back to my original settings where everything was working fine.
    so I went back to use my original database (Latin 1 encoding) and changed back the config.php to its original settings (commented config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8').
    I also changes the language encoding back to windows-1256.
    Now I have a new big probelm
    old topics are not accessible anymore. I keep getting
    Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

New topics are working fine.
    I noticed when moving the mouse over an old topic title the url is not encoded correctly and Arabic letters do not appear in the link correctly. How can I fix this.
    Thank you.