• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aohebb
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

Change IP Address for forum, AdminCP still searching for old IP

Hello,

I am in a development stage for my vb forum. I am using IP addresses rather than a domain name to access.

I recently changed the IP address, and I updated the $config['base_url'] and $config['base url_core'] in config.php

I am able to access the forum at the new address, but when I try to access admincp, my web browser searches for my previous IP address.

How do I update my IP address for the admincp?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you install with an IP address instead of a domain name, the IP will be recorded under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. You will need to change the IP there as well every time it changes.

You can try to get around this long enough to change it by accessing it via /core/admincp/.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aohebb
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Cannot access admincp in order to make this change. Can this IP be changed directly inside a config file?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

No, it cannot be.

Normally, if you change the URL you would want to change it in the Admin CP first to prevent issues like this. Can you restore the old IP address just long enough to make the change?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...