X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huskermax
    • Mar 2010
    • 4.2.X

Can't log in to admin or forum after install with admin account

I just installed vb5 on our old server to test and I can't log in under the admin account. There is no other forum on this server.

The board does load and when I try and log in to it is says I have the wrong info. It then says the log in is case sensitive. My admin log in I set up at the install has a H at the start. When I type it in it keeps getting changed back to a lower case h.

When I go to admincp I see the log in screen and type in my stuff and it goes to this URL (http://www.huskermax.com/vb5/login.php?do=login) Then nothing, the page does not load.

- - - Updated - - -

I just reinstalled everything and still not working. Can't log in at all, either in admin cp or forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my H to an h.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/412508-404-and-500-Errors

after reading through this thread which was a different problem from me but the fix given fixed my issue. I was installing in folder VB5. After I renamed the folder to forums and reinstalling I can now log in to adimncp. But I can't see the main forum. It is just text driven like the css is not loading.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This is with a fresh installation of Beta 21?

Do the cookie prefix variables in both config.php files match?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
      • Mar 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      This is with a fresh installation of Beta 21?

Do the cookie prefix variables in both config.php files match?
      It was a fresh instal of beta 20. I just did a reinstall and it is working now. I did not have the forum url in the config.php in the main folder.

Comment