Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiskeyOSS
    • Apr 2010

Trouble with VB5 config.php

I purchased vb5 today I have vb4 running but want to set up vb5 in a different directory till I get used to how it works... I am having problems setting up the config. php file is there a demo some place that shows how the information is supposed to be in this file I am lost...tried several different inputs but none will works so far..?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The only setting you need to fill in normally, is the base url, what exactly is the problem you're having?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If you delete the /config.php file and the /core/includes/config.php then you will be presented with a configuration building tool.

Once you have filled out the information and it has created the files, delete the makeconfig.php file and continue...
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
        • Apr 2010

This is the problem I am getting now..
        Fatal error
        : Class 'vB5_Config' not found in /home/content/74/6544074/html/team/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 18

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now I am getting this error message Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
        Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
        More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
        Last edited by WhiskeyOSS; Mon 10 Dec '12, 1:16pm.

Comment