Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justonelook
    • Apr 2014

Self Moderated

We are trying to set up a new Usergroup where members are allowed to post without moderation after 30 days registered and 5 approved posts.

We have created a new usergroup named "Self Moderated" and a scheduled task to move members that qualified members into that group when those conditions are met. We ran the task successfully after creating the usergroup, and it found and changed all member who were qualified. It is set to run every hour.

The problem is that although we have set the forum post permissions to what seem to be needed, those who are in the new Self Moderated group are still put into moderation as before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Do you have the spam scanner enabled?

Comment

• justonelook
      • Apr 2014

No, we do not.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Can you apply the changes here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12289

Clear your system cache, and then resave all of your usergroup permissions in the usergroup manager. See if the issue persists.

Comment

• justonelook
          • Apr 2014

I'll do it first thing in the morning here in California. Thank you.

Comment

• justonelook
            • Apr 2014

See PM to you please.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Please do not pm me, you can start a ticket if you require private support.

Comment

• justonelook
                • Apr 2014

I apologize, I thought that since you sent me the instructions in that mode it would be better to follow suit. Here is my question again:

Just to be clear, is this what you are suggesting for me to do?
                And I suppose I would use the usergroupid that I want to be promoted to self moderation, correct?

Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                open the file /core/includes/adminfunctions.php, and add "//" (without quotes) at the beginning of the following lines:
                vB_Cache::instance()->write('channelperms_' . $usergroup[usergroupid], array(), 0, 'perms_changed');
                vB_Cache::instance()->write('channelperms_' . $groupid, $chanperms, 1440, 'perms_changed');
                vB_Cache::instance()->write($hashkey, $perms, 1440, 'perms_changed');
                These will be at lines 3772, 3789 and 4118 respectively.
                After making this change to the file, clear cache in admincp.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Follow the bug reports instructions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...