vBulletin 5 (Deleted ALL Posts and Topics)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrtms
    • Nov 2012

vBulletin 5 (Deleted ALL Posts and Topics)

I have no idea why, but when I refreshed the page it deleted EVERYTHING in all forums. This is ridiculous... vBulletin 5 is nothing like I expected it to be, there is way to many things that break over and over. Even if this is a Beta, this was released way to early. This should be in Alpha and not for sale.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

It is not recommended to run vB5 on production sites, this is because it has the BETA tag, and this is made clear on the purchase page.

When you say "deleted everything", can you be more specific? Can we have a link to your site?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Perhaps you don't have Forums or Topics tab selected in the activity module on the Home or forum pages? If it isn't your default (Edit Page > Edit Module > set as default), then if you refresh the page, the default Lastest Activity tab will show again.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mrtms
        • Nov 2012

Everything is gone, topics and posts. It's still counting the posts but it's not even there.

It's also displaying posts that are saying it's there but they really aren't there.

Is there a way to switch over to vB4 and still have the vB5 license and wait tell it's 100% released?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Is this an upgrade? From what version? Did you run Maintenance > Update Thread Information and Update Forum Information after the upgrade? What happened just prior to the threads disappearing? It's very hard to tell what is going on from your description since there are so little details on what happened.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mrtms
            • Nov 2012

Is this an upgrade? No
            From what version? None (Newly bought)

Did you run Maintenance > Update Thread Information and Update Forum Information after the upgrade? Don't need to since it's not an upgrade.
            What happened just prior to the threads disappearing? I was deleting a topic "Physically Remove" and instead of it just deleting that topic, I guess it deleted everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to downgrade?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by mrtms
              Is there a way to downgrade?
              Restore the database backup that you created before you ran the upgrade script. Re-upload your old files.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mrtms
                • Nov 2012

I didn't buy vBulletin 4, I bought vBulletin 5. I want vBulletin 4 not 5...

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

If it's a brand new forum then delete the database and files, upload vBulletin 4's files instead, and then install it in much the same way.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• mrtms
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    If it's a brand new forum then delete the database and files, upload vBulletin 4's files instead, and then install it in much the same way.
                    How am I supposed to do that if I don't have the vBulletin 4 script files? I didn't purchase it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind found it, thanks.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by mrtms
                      How am I supposed to do that if I don't have the vBulletin 4 script files? I didn't purchase it.
                      If you have a vB5 licence, you can choose to run vB4 (or vB3, or vB2 even) instead. You can download vB4 from your members area.

You can still only run ONE instance per licence, but it can be any available version that your licence entitles you to.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment