Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

Home, Forum, Blogs, Groups, Special

If Home is deleted from the default installed forums/channels below, will it break anything? I believe when I broke things recently while testing, I deleted Blogs and Groups only. Does 'Home' actually serve a purpose?

Home
    -- Forum
    -- Blogs
    -- Groups
    ---- Uncategorized Groups
    -- Special

In the pic below... is Home the same as Home in the tree above? General (category) and Site Related (forum) are ones I created.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

In your image Home is the parent of every other category. If you delete it you will lose everything which appears as a child forum of the Home parent.

Comment

• oldz442
      • Apr 2012

tx. I almost want to delete it just to see if I can re-add it w/o having to reinstall everything all over again like before. Perhaps these critical default forums/channels should be read-only.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Deleting any of the super categories you listed in the first post will have catastrophic results on your installation and should not be done. In fact as of beta 19 it shouldn't be possible.

Home is the root parent node of the site. It is used to set default channel permissions across the site. Without it, no permission, no content, no site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• oldz442
          • Apr 2012

Was also wondering b/c I changed Home to Homee in the ACP just to see if it changed in the breadcrumbs... and nothing did.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Acerath
            • Aug 2005
            • 4.2.X

Hi Wayne, I have bought vbulletin for many years but have not started any forum site. I hope vb5 will be my first and successful site.

I would like to ask, how can I disable the tab for groups. This is a new site, though I have forum and blog post, I don't want to leave an empty tab for Group as there is nothing yet.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Acerath
              Hi Wayne, I have bought vbulletin for many years but have not started any forum site. I hope vb5 will be my first and successful site.

I would like to ask, how can I disable the tab for groups. This is a new site, though I have forum and blog post, I don't want to leave an empty tab for Group as there is nothing yet.
              You can do this in the site builder.

Please start your own thread with full details, if you need assistance with this.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment