Embedding videos only working for youtube?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbaxter51
    • Dec 2012
    • 5.1.x

Embedding videos only working for youtube?

When i use the embed video tag button my forum is only embedding youtube videos. For vimeo and facebook it just gives a hyperlink. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Here's an example:
    space150 v22 was designed by Daniel Jenstad (danieljenstad.com). This video documents the thinking behind and evolution of the version. Here's a little more…
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Are you using their "share" links?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Comment

• newuser886
        newuser886 commented
        Editing a comment
        Test vimeo video:
    • BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

VImeo recently started using https by default. If you change the URL to http:// whatever it will embed, like above. I will check for a bug report and make one if there isn't already.

edit- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13961
      Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sun 30 Nov '14, 6:49am.

Comment

• yv3013
        • Jan 2013

Hi, Why do some of my youtube videos appear like the one above and others just show a blank screen?
        It seems any I embed now all come up as a black screen, they do work but they look terrible being a black screen, especially the video module on my front page.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Can you post an example of a video with a black screen? I have seen some but I can't reproduce it on demand...

Comment

• yv3013
            • Jan 2013

They don't show up blank here
            Last edited by yv3013; Mon 8 Dec '14, 4:31am.

Comment

• yv3013
              yv3013 commented
              Editing a comment
              the front page worked for ages, then it stopped and the screen went blank, after the upgrade it's still the same.
              Last edited by yv3013; Mon 8 Dec '14, 4:31am.
          • BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Make sure the Core URL in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details matches EXACTLY, including having or not having the "www" in the URL. If you are logged in with the WWW and the core URL doesn't have it, or vice-versa, weird things will happen, not seeing video is one.

Comment

• yv3013
              • Jan 2013

Nope, it's all ok so what next? seems strange to me, a black screen is just a black screen, putting the module on the front page is silly now.

Comment

• yv3013
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Joe D.
                Make sure the Core URL in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details matches EXACTLY, including having or not having the "www" in the URL. If you are logged in with the WWW and the core URL doesn't have it, or vice-versa, weird things will happen, not seeing video is one.
                Nope, it's all ok so what next?
                here's another crazy thing, looking on "way back machine" the last time a snapshot was taken of my forum was july, I looked and the video module there is showing the picture.
                I can even click on that and see that old video, so again, why would this be doing it now?

It seems this method of getting assistance is hit and miss on whether we get an answer or not, how can I get a more direct reply in a timely fashion?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Please go to your Member's Area at https://members.vbulletin.com, click on the Ticket Support link, and create a support ticket titled Attn: Joe D.

Put a link to this thread in the ticket and put an Admin username/password for your site as well as FTP info in the sensitive data box as I will need this access to troubleshoot.

In the future if you want to start with ticket support without going through the forum first you can purchase a ticket support plan by going to www.vbulletin.com -> purchases -> Add-ons.

Comment

• Joep11
                    • Apr 2005

What was the solution? Vimeo creates a small image, but when clicking a blank field appears. Also with the Vimeo in above post. I have vb 5.3.0

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Seems like a new bug.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Vimeo Link Test - Added to bug tracker: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17350

Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Tue 23 May '17, 4:59pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 5.7.X

The reason Vimeo is not working is because bbcode_video is outputting a Flash video which is now disabled on Chrome by default (for security reason) and probably in other browsers too. Really, we should not use Flash anymore these days.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment