Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murrayb1893
    • Nov 2012

Email Marketing with vBulletin 5

I would like to add subscribers to my forum to an email marketing campaign service like Aweber to send monthly newsletters when they sign up for my forum. Is this possible to do in vBulletin 5 and is there a recommend service to use?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

In general trying to run email marketing from the same server as your forum is a bad idea.

Sending mail tends to be a slow process, the way vBulletin works sending mail would be triggered by someone else loading a random page.

Worse you are at high risk for being labeled a spammer regardless of safe guards you take. Best you hire out the task of sending mail to a company like Vertical Response to keep you IP address of spam blocks and don't interfere with the server itself.
      Last edited by wave-rice; Mon 26 Nov '12, 9:02am. Reason: Typo.

Comment

• Regs
        • May 2001
        • 4.2.X

That is what he is asking... "to my forum to an email marketing campaign service like Aweber", though your response is 10x better that the first canned response he was given

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Joe D.
          Worse you are at high risk for being labeled a spammer regardless of safe guards you take. Best you hire out the task of sending mail to a company like Vertical Response to keep you IP address of spam blocks and don't interfere with the server itself.
          Aweber is a competitor to Vertical Response. I don't think he was trying to run a campaign from his server.

-------------
          To the original Poster:

In vBulletin, you can generate a mailing list under Users -> Generate Mailing List. It gives a wide range of options and allows you to build a list of email addresses that you can import into AWeber, Vertical Response, Constant Contact, Mailchimp and so forth.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...