Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsglazer
    • Jan 2002

Emails Showing Variables, Not Actual Content

The emails my site sends out are not formatted correctly. Any idea what is causing this? For example, this is what the new member email looks like. This is what is actually emailed. Things like $username should of course be changed to the user name. Any idea what's set wrong?

Dear $username,

Thank you for registering for the $vboptions[bbtitle] forums. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration!

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to click on the link once, and your account will be updated.

To complete your registration, click on the link below:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid

<a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid">AOL Users click Here to be Activated</a>

**** Does The Above Link Not Work? ****
    If the above link does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=ver

Please to be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you click on our copy the above link in your browser.

Your Username is: $username
    Your Activation ID is: $activateid

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at $vboptions[webmasteremail]

Thanks very much,
    $vboptions[bbtitle] Team

--------------------
    To stop receiving this email, please click here:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...