X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain Atkin
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

vBulletin Connect 5.1.4: Can't edit pages now

For some reason, I can't edit pages now since I did the 5.1.4 upgrade today. The edit page feature isn't working on the forum at all. All I get when I try is pages that look like the picture attached. It says that its "working" to get to the edit feature, but it has been like that for over 40 minutes.

The edit page feature is not working on any of the forum pages that I have tried it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 1.08.42 PM.png
Views:	206
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	4208870

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This doesn't happen on a default installation. You may need to revert some templates.

Try it in a new default style.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Do you have an ad module on the page where Site Builder won't enable? And do you have javascript in the ad module? I am guessing the javascript in the ad module is throwing an error and thus not allowing Site Builder to work. (check the Console of your web developer tool for your browser)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I have Google Adsense ads on every page.
    • osras1
      • Feb 2014
      • 5.0.X

I had the same problem(as I have heard many people have)when I upgraded to 5.1.4..what fixed my problem was the javascript in my banner rotator was outdated and needed to be recoded I deleted my rotating banner and my edit then worked.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        • Nov 2013
        • 5.0.X

I have Google Adsense ads on almost every page. I was able to use the EDIT feature on the Help page, which has no ads, so it is an issue with the Google ads. Not sure how I can fix this.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Hello-

We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution- you can follow the bug report here- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13932

Once we have a fix I will post back and let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
            • Nov 2013
            • 5.0.X

The issue is definitely with Google ads. I don't have any issue on pages that feature ads from other companies like Entertainment Earth; just Google Adsense is causing the issues.

Comment

• sandrose
              • Feb 2001
              • 5.0.X

I have the same problem since upgrade to 5.1.4.
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

I've been told if you go to the Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Disable PHP and Static HTML rendering, set this to No, then go and reload the page on the front end you will be able to use the edit page function. It is not ideal, but this is the work-around for now.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

There is a patch file available for the bug in the bug report here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13932

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Note- to use the patch you must download the VB5 package with uncompressed javascript files.. then patch the sb_page.js file, then upload the patched file over your old sb_page.js file, and finally edit the front-end config.php file (the one in your forum root directory) and set the option to disable rollup javascript to true.

Comment

• TheGLForum
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 5.0.X

This patch needs to be applied for Cloud sites. Still having the problem there.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by TheGLForum
                        This patch needs to be applied for Cloud sites. Still having the problem there.

It isn't an official patch at this time. The cloud team will have to review whether or not it is safe to add without going through the proper steps of code review and QA qualification. I am pretty sure they don't want to run cloud sites with javascript rollups turned off because that does cause a performance decrease.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

I have integrated the patch into the rollup file myself. It works on my test site. I cannot promise it will work on yours but I think it is worth trying- worst case it doesn't work and you have to use the regular patch.

Attached is a zip file. Download it, unzip it, and then copy the file in the zip into your /js/ folder on your server (wherever VB5 is installed). This will replace your existing admin-sitebuilder-rollup-514.js file.You can either backup the original or get a copy from the original download package should you need to undo this change.

Once this file is uploaded, clear your browser's cache and go to or refresh your forum, you should be able to use the edit page feature now.

Please do not upload the file anywhere else- if your friends or whoever need it, give them the link to this post- if they are licensed they will be able to download it. This file is only for those people with a VB5 license and is still protected by the vBulletin copyright.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bbaxter51
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 5.1.x

That worked for my site. Thanks!

Comment