X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbaxter51
    • Dec 2012
    • 5.1.x

I just opened another petition.

I have confirmed that the information is tied to the "system cache". I can clear the system cache manually in the AdminCP and it will reset the module to the number of members online at that current time.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      • Nov 2013
      • 5.0.X

Yeah, it still isn't working. This morning it said that the most users online ever was 188, and now it is saying 68

Comment

• bbaxter51
        • Dec 2012
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
        Most users online is not yet fixed. What was done in 5.1.4 was some work on the two Who's Online modules.

Easiest thing for now is to hide it so it isn't displaying incorrect data:

Code:
        .wol-widget .widget-content > p + p { display: none; }
        Where exactly do I go to make this edit?

Comment

• jstear
          • Oct 2013
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by bbaxter51

Where exactly do I go to make this edit?
          In your additional.css file within your template editor.
          www.hugaming.com

Comment

• bbaxter51
            • Dec 2012
            • 5.1.x

Found it, thanks!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              • Nov 2013
              • 5.0.X

This still isn't working? I must say that this is the most annoying thing for me with VB5. It fudges the figures for my site.

If you can't get the "Most users ever online was..." to function properly, maybe it would be good to just remove that from the "What's Going On" section for now, until it gets fixed. My users want to see who is online, so hiding the box isn't good. At the same time, seeing that the most users online ever was "40" when the day before was "347" is annoying too. So maybe just remove the "Most users ever online was..." comment until it is fixed. Even adding a check box so that people can turn that feature off, while keeping the avatars of who is online on would be good.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

There is a JIRA that tells the cause of the resetting of max online user count is due to a code in AdminCP. It means that every time you access AdminCP, it resets the count.

If you comment out the code block mentioned in the JIRA, the max online user count will not be reset. That's the temporary solution as we wait for this issue to be fixed.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 5.0.X

Mmm... so I see now that any time I log into Admin CP, it resets all of the "most users online". So instead of 873, I now see 75.... Why is that?

This really should be a priority to fix. This is something people see on the front page of almost every VB5 forum.
                  Last edited by Captain Atkin; Fri 6 Mar '15, 8:07am.

Comment

• TLMD
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Captain Atkin
                    Mmm... so I see now that any time I log into Admin CP, it resets all of the "most users online". So instead of 873, I now see 75.... Why is that?
                    Most likely due to this issue: VBV-13946. Currently it is planned to fix this with vB 5.1.7.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Captain Atkin

This really should be a priority to fix. This is something people see on the front page of almost every VB5 forum.
                      That's exactly what I said here:

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                      There is a JIRA that tells the cause of the resetting of max online user count is due to a code in AdminCP. It means that every time you access AdminCP, it resets the count.

If you comment out the code block mentioned in the JIRA, the max online user count will not be reset. That's the temporary solution as we wait for this issue to be fixed.
                      Comment out the code specified in the JIRA to temporarily solve the issue.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• DWhitaker
                        • Dec 2014
                        • 5.0.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                        Most users online is not yet fixed. What was done in 5.1.4 was some work on the two Who's Online modules.

Easiest thing for now is to hide it so it isn't displaying incorrect data:

Code:
                        .wol-widget .widget-content > p + p { display: none; }

Is there a specific place in the CSS that this needs to be placed?

It doesnt seem to be hiding the "Most users ever online was at on ." line

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 5.7.X

You would be better making the fix Glenn mentions rather than hiding it - that way it'll actually work rather than be reset regularly.
                          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Yes, my "hide" code was posted before we had a manual fix available...fixing is better than hiding.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• DWhitaker
                              • Dec 2014
                              • 5.0.x

I would really rather hide as it is not information I want displayed, even if it was fixed.

Comment