Registered users cannot send Private Messages. 5.1.3 Patch Level 1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justonelook
    • Apr 2014

Sorry to say that I have to leave now, but I did as you suggested to increase the PM limit to 200, which had no effect, but I don't see where to find the pm stats. (BTW, the upgrade to 5.1.4 did not help.

I'll be back in the morning (about 12 hours from now, and will try whatever you suggest. The url of the forum is: http://www.truthisallthatmatters.org/community/forums/

Thanks all.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
      • Oct 2014
      • 5.1.x

In case you catch this before you head off to bed I think your issue is that you don't have people in the correct usergroup. I signed up and tried to send a PM to admin and it said I was not a registered user even though I was logged in. Will look at my setting to see what I can suggest you do to fix it.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
        • Oct 2014
        • 5.1.x

AdminCP->settings->options->user registration. Is moderation of new members set to yes?

AdminCP->Moderation this may be where you need to turn people into registered users. I don't have mine set to moderate so I can't say for sure but that is my best guess at moment.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
          • Oct 2014
          • 5.1.x

Looks like I am now a full fledged member with the button to compose a PM but I get an error message of "To protect your privacy, this page is no longer available"

Comment

• justonelook
            • Apr 2014

No such luck. I have to leave now, but I'll be back in 12 hours. The forum is here: http://www.truthisallthatmatters.org/community/forums/

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
              • Oct 2014
              • 5.1.x

When I click on the "who's online" tab I also get the same error message about protecting my privacy. This is starting to really look like a permissions issue.

Granted when I go to my user settings it says I have PMing enabled. I even tried disabling and enabling to see if that would make a difference which it didn't. I am going to keep messing around and see if there is anything else I can suggest.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
                • Oct 2014
                • 5.1.x

My last suggestion before I give up is go into AdminCP->Channel Management->Channel Permissions and since I am not sure which channel effects your PMing I would start by click the edit button for Registered Users that are in any color other then black and look to make sure PMing is enabled. If you don't see any that you need to put to yes then check the other registered user groups under the different forum sections as well.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Did you remove any permissions from the "Special" channel? If so, restore them all to their defaults.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• justonelook
                    • Apr 2014

Thank you both for your efforts. I have tried all that you suggested. I restored the Special channel and the Infractions to the defaults. I also checked the permissions in all channels for registered users, and although I found one instance where PM was set to No, changing it to Yes has had no effect.

Comment

• justonelook
                      • Apr 2014

Thank you both for your efforts. I have tried all that you suggested. I restored the Special channel and the Infractions to the defaults. I also checked the permissions in all channels for registered users, and although I found one instance where PM was set to No, changing it to Yes has had no effect.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

You'll need to open a support ticket to have someone look into it further.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment