Error saving the forums. Please try again.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoRoU
    • Mar 2007

Error saving the forums. Please try again.

Hi to all.

If I go into Page Manager to try to change the name of a forum, position or whatever, when I give Save Page I get the following error:

Error saving the forums.
    Please try again.

I come from having imported from VB4.2, and use VB5 version beta17.

From admincp I can change anything you want to work well. I tested with a clean install on the same server and it works well.

Anyone know what can be?

Thank you.

PD.

I have also noticed several failures, the guests are not the module users online, only registered users see. Also if I create a topic prefix in the prefix forumhome I see I see only []

- - - Updated - - -

After post video youtube cant see into beta17 unto beta 16 see perfect.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Go into the Channel manager in the Admin CP. Delete the "Main Forum". Can you edit forums in the Page Manager now?

We've never shown guests individually in the Who's Online. Not sure why vBulletin 5 should be different.

There is an issue in JIRA about the Prefixes.

You'll have to be more specific about Youtube.

Moved to more appropriate location as only a tiny bit of the post is about Site Builder.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BoRoU
      • Mar 2007

Hello, I've understood correctly, the problem is to use the google translator.
      To see the first, I went to admincp, deleted the main forum and still not working.
      The online user is that I only registered users, guests always appears at 0. If I enter admincp if I see both registered as guests.

What the video is placed before the youtube videos in post link, and I came out as the first image, I get as far in the second.

Problem solved re-upgrading, videos now see.

Now find something in JIRA about prefixes.

Any solution?

Thank you.
      Last edited by BoRoU; Wed 7 Nov '12, 7:41am.

Comment

• BoRoU
        • Mar 2007

The problem with the videos re-updating solved.

The problem with online users persists, does not match what comes in and what goes widget in the admin panel. In the widget guests never go out of one, and in the admin panel I mark 10.

Now we just need to solve the problem with the prefixes, I hope in the next beta.
        Last edited by BoRoU; Wed 7 Nov '12, 7:49am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Guests are unregistered visitors to your site. Unless you have unregistered visitors on your site, it will be 0.

Using Firefox and FireBug, are any errors returned when you try to save forums in the forum manager?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BoRoU
            • Mar 2007

Yes I have unregistered visitors browsing this forum. I test myself connecting the board from several IP's being unregistered.

I will test it in firebug and tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Forum/channel changes successfully savedadmin-...=500b17 (línea 1)
            log:
            vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: Unspecifiedheader...=500b17 (línea 69)

log:
            vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: ajaxStopheader...=500b17 (línea 69)This is de last report

Is this what you need? If I do not like to catch the error?

Well, the problem of the site builder to save the forums is caused by the accents and special characters. One less thing to resolve. The truth is that I'm finding with many many problems with the Spanish language, for example I had to modify the template login changing the charset = ISO-8859-1 as if it was impossible to go aside either accents.
            Last edited by BoRoU; Wed 7 Nov '12, 12:46pm.

Comment