Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

VB degug log empty

I have $config['Misc']['debuglogging'] = true; set in my config.php. Debug info on pages is working. The vbdebuglog.log is empty. What do I have to set to get debug log info?

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You also have to enable the logging in the logger.xml file in the includes xml folder. What exactly are you trying to do with debug logging?

Comment

• Replicant
      • Sep 2014

I'm getting another "Unable to contact server. Please try again." message. This time it is the channel display module tabs. Latest activity, topics, mysubscriptions on the forums in the Groups channels, forum home, and pretty much anywhere else this module is used. On the 5.1.3 pl1 install, the error in applyFollowingFilter, ajax related. On the 5.1.4 b2 install on the test server, there is more info. Ajax, unexpected character in coulumn 1 first character. The tab when clicked, puts the correct URL in the address bar, then throws the error. If you click in the address bar and hit enter, the correct info comes up under the tab.

It may be permission related due to the fact that guests and admin are not affected. Every other user group is. Every member. I'm still having the Empty Response on every PM message sent and I'm thinking this may be related.

I don't know how long this has been an issue as I never used those tabs. I patched my system to pl1 this weekend and upgraded PHP version, but the problem didn't change.

I looked at the JSON data and it was all there and all correct.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Grab an editor like editpad (lite/pro) or notepad++ and make sure the config.php files are both saved as ASCII/ANSI plaintext and not UTF-8987

Comment

• ozzy47
          • Oct 2009

Link to notepad++
          My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
          Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

• Replicant
            • Sep 2014

The config files were edited using vim at the linux command prompt. But I will check that.

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

Both config files are ascii, they were UTF-8. I checked the encoding out of the unmodified archive and it is UTF-8. Nothing seemed to change as far as the errors are concerned.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

A stack trace will probably give the needed information. You can do this with debug mode only.

Please, enable debug mode on your site. Follow these instructions.

1. Open your /config.php file and find the following line:
                Code:
                $config['debug'] = false;
                2. Change this line to:
                Code:
                $config['debug'] = true;
                3. Save the file and upload it to your server.

4. Open the /core/includes/config.php file and find the following line:
                Code:
                // $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
                5. Change it to:
                Code:
                $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
                6. Save and upload the file to your server.

Reload the page you had the error on.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

What version PHP did you upgrade to?

Is there nothing in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Replicant
                    Replicant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PHP Version 5.5.17 is the new version. Upgraded from 5.3.29

Error log
                    [11-Nov-2014 00:55:58 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/k5blazer/public_html/forum/core/vb/library/site.php on line 269

There were a couple other errors from over a week ago before the patch upgrade.

[03-Nov-2014 19:02:22 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Class 'vB_QueueMail' not found in /home/k5blazer/public_html/forums/core/includes/functions.php on line 932
                    [04-Nov-2014 13:43:20 CST6CDT] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in Command line code on line 1
                • Replicant
                  • Sep 2014

I am pretty much leaning towards this being a permissions issue. I know all of this stuff worked out of the box and permissions are all that's really been modified. I turned off all addons and tried with the default theme with the same result. I have asked this question before and didn't get an answer so here goes again. Is there a way to reset all of the permissions back to default? I have looked and can't seem to find that feature that should be there somewhere.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

No, there is no "Reset Permissions" button. I would suggest installing a fresh copy of the software in another directory and then you can look at each usergroup and copy the permissions that way. Make sure after you change them that you click Maintenance > Clear System Cache.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Replicant
                      • Sep 2014

Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing that this morning. The permissions weren't that far off. It still didn't correct the problem. I then created a new user with the same user group as a test. The groupdisplay module tabs worked for the new user but not for the forumdisplay module tab. I'm experimenting on merging the new user with the old and changing the username back with some success.

This is kind of ridiculous. I examined the vbdebug log of the new user making the request on the tabs and compared against the failed user attempt. Then ran the two logs through the diff command. The only variables that were different were the personal id info of the users and the cookie info which was all correct on both logs. There is really no reason I can find for this to be happening. There are no db error messages either.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

truncate the cache table, and try again

Comment

• Replicant
                          • Sep 2014

I truncated the cache and recieved no error the first time I clicked the "Latest Activity" button. I then posted in one of the forums and tried again. Same error. There is text in the response of the POST.
                          Notice: Undefined index: type in .../vb/usercontext.php on line 1857

Then the normal page load. I plan to add some debug code in that function to see exaclty what's going on.

Comment