X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theticketforum
    • Nov 2012

socialgroup_channel_not_set

Hi,

My business partner and myself have been in the stages of creating a forum regarding traffic tickets and decided to use VBulletin. Unfortunately we are both pretty new in the forum creation scene, despite both having extended web/computer experience. As I began to browse around the forum CP and creating the forum itself, I accidentally the social group channel as we were not going to use it. Unfortunately, after having deleted it, I received many errors when I tried to edit various parts of the forum such as the theme. I'm currently running VBulletin 5.0.0 Beta 16 on a Host Gator hosting. Is there anyway to fix this error without having to do a complete re-install?

Thanks for all your help,

Olivier C/Michael M.

PS: Still new here, sorry for the "noobishness"
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

When you deleted the channel, quite a few tables were impacted (node, channel, routenew, closure, forumpermission are key ones). The easiest way to replace these rows would be to run a new install. Or you can install a copy on a new database and compare the two and manually move the missing data over.

To prevent user's from accessing Social Groups, remove their permissions under Channels -> Channel Permissions in the Admin CP. You can remove the navigation bar tab as well in Site Builder.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• theticketforum
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      When you deleted the channel, quite a few tables were impacted (node, channel, routenew, closure, forumpermission are key ones). The easiest way to replace these rows would be to run a new install. Or you can install a copy on a new database and compare the two and manually move the missing data over.

To prevent user's from accessing Social Groups, remove their permissions under Channels -> Channel Permissions in the Admin CP. You can remove the navigation bar tab as well in Site Builder.
      Thank you for the reply. Will run a clean install and post back on how it works.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately we are having problems with the re-install. Is there anyone on the forum that could possibly do this re-install for us? We are willing to pay $15 to a member who can fix this issue/re-install.

Thanks!

Comment