Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFX
    • Jul 2014

account activation email - error

Hi, i'm using vBulletin 5.1.4 Beta 2 and after someone registers on my forum comes a message in your email to confirm your registration.

The problem is that this message has errors, as you can see in the picture below only shows the text variables and therefore my users find it impossible to activate their accounts.

Another problem I have is that when you register a new account vBulletin does not respond as it should be and sends the following message

But when I go to the board index or just surf the forum shows me that I'm logged in with the account recently registered but not activated.
    I think this is not normal, because vBulletin should show the successful registration message and not a error message.

I hope you can help me, thanks.
  • SFX
    • Jul 2014

anyone can reply to me? :S

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Your custom language is the problem. Try registering with English instead.

Comment

• SFX
        • Jul 2014

I will review the language, but the second problem??

Comment

• SFX
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Zachery
          Your custom language is the problem. Try registering with English instead.

The first problem is solved, thanks

Now, I still have the second problem is when me this error message appears

Any solution?

Thanks.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

What does the error say, when you register in English?

Comment

• SFX
              • Jul 2014

What does the error say, when you register in English?
              First, when I try register, after to submit the registration, I get this:

A few seconds later, maybe 30 or 40, I have this:

This error message should not appear; however, the record is processed successfully, because if I go to the index or any page of my forum appear logged in with the account you have recently registered.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

A direct link to your site so we can try to test it.

Comment

• SFX
                  • Jul 2014

A direct link to your site so we can try to test it.
                  Try to register using the English or Spanish language, here I leave the link to my forum: http://www.fromend.com

I want to clarify that the problem is not the theme, as I have tried to register using a default style and the problem persists.

Thank you Zachery

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Are you using ReCaptcha? If you change to Q&A, do you still get the same problem?

How about AdminCP > Settings > Options > Spam Management... do you have Akismet enabled? How about Stop Forum Spam? If you disable them, do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SFX
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Lynne
                      Are you using ReCaptcha? If you change to Q&A, do you still get the same problem?

How about AdminCP > Settings > Options > Spam Management... do you have Akismet enabled? How about Stop Forum Spam? If you disable them, do you still have the same problem?
                      How I can change the questions and answers human verification?

I'm not using Akismet, attached a picture of my setup spam

And my huma verification setup:

Regards.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

I'd need to see more of the Stop Forum Spam page in order to verify it is completely off. All the settings should be set to No if it is completely disabled.

To change to Question and Answer, click on that option, then click to Add New Question and on the question page, you can Add New Answer

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• SFX
                          • Jul 2014

I'd need to see more of the Stop Forum Spam page in order to verify it is completely off. All the settings should be set to No if it is completely disabled.

To change to Question and Answer, click on that option, then click to Add New Question and on the question page, you can Add New Answer
                          My Stop Forum Spam setup:

My Human Verification Manager:

I don't think the error is in the record validation because even though the error I showed in other images are displayed, the record is processed successfully, because if I do F5 appear to logged with the account you were trying to register.

The only problem is the message that appears immediately after registration, I hope you can help me, maybe is something in the database.

I have optimized and repaired my database and the problem persists, regards.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Does anything show up in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when this happens? And it happens all the time or just sometimes?

Comment

• SFX
                              • Jul 2014

Does anything show up in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when this happens? And it happens all the time or just sometimes?
                              The error occurs whenever someone tries to register.

My error_log contain:

Code:
                              [24-Oct-2014 01:24:53 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards:  Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/my_username_host/public_html/core/admincp/forumpermission.php on line 731
                              [24-Oct-2014 13:05:48 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards:  Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/my_username_host/public_html/core/admincp/forumpermission.php on line 731
                              [26-Oct-2014 10:02:58 Europe/Madrid] PHP Warning:  json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /home/my_username_host/public_html/core/includes/functions_misc.php on line 752
                              [02-Nov-2014 21:58:34 Europe/Madrid] PHP Warning:  json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /home/my_username_host/public_html/core/includes/functions_misc.php on line 752
                              [02-Nov-2014 21:58:34 Europe/Madrid] PHP Warning:  json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /home/my_username_host/public_html/core/includes/functions_misc.php on line 752
                              I've noticed a similar problem in my forum, when I try to comment a comment, a text box appears for write that comment, to send the comment after a few seconds on the post; however, at the top of the page still showed the loader says "Working ..." and the mouse cursor appears as loading. The cycle never ends unless you refresh the page, but the comment is sent successfully.

Comment