X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • altonc
    • Oct 2009

Upgraded PHP to 5.3 for vB5, got errors on vB4

Hello everyone,

After upgraded PHP to version 5.3.17 due to vB5 requirements. I got 404 error with Home and What's New tabs on vB4 Suite, everything else working fine. Do I missed something?
    I have vB 4.1.3 PL8 and vB5 on the same server. The vB5 seam OK. My server is cPanel WHM.

Thanks in advanced.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

A 404 error is a file not found error, it has nothing to do with PHP. Can you confirm the forumphp, index.php, and search.php exist on your server?

VB4 is fully compatible with PHP 5.3.

Comment

• altonc
      • Oct 2009

Yes, everything exist. If I reverse to PHP 5.2, the vB4 is working. The site using vB4 has htacess redirect from non www to www. Is that the problem?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

It shouldn't be the problem, but you can rename .htaccess to like .htaccessXXX temporarily to see if the problem goes away.

What is the exact error showing up? Can you link to a page with the error?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

If I recall my last server change, there could be .htaccess changes, so look into that. Also, try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
          Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• altonc
            • Oct 2009

Oh, I got 500 error not 404, sorry about that. I did rename the htacces but won't help and here is the site http://bienmong.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

500 is a big difference, and more likely.

I suggest you disable hooks like Lynne suggested above and see if you still have the problem.

Comment

• altonc
                • Oct 2009

Yes, I did and go to ACP disable all then remove the line in config file and enable one by one. Only CMS and What's New have problem.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Just to be clear you weren't removing a line from config.php, you needed to add a line to config.php- did you do that?

The next step is to check your php and server error logs to see if there is a specific error being recorded.

Comment

• altonc
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Joe D.
                    Just to be clear you weren't removing a line from config.php, you needed to add a line to config.php- did you do that?

The next step is to check your php and server error logs to see if there is a specific error being recorded.
                    Yes. I add the line in config file then go to ACP and disable all Products. After that, I remove the line in config file and enable one bye one.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

No... Just add the line to config.php- don't do anything else except test and see if you have the same problem.

Enabling or disabling mods 1 by 1 is of no use unless the problem goes away with the line added to your config.php.

Comment

• altonc
                        • Oct 2009

The problem not goes away and no server error log. I think something wrong with PHP and I have to recompile it. Thanks Joe and Lynne for your help.

Comment