X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • globe
    • Oct 2012

Edit a new created Page

Hey folks

so I created a new Page with a html widget in it. Inside is a iframe which shows a map on google. Works pretty good the porblem is I didn't set the width and height correct so I tried to edit. But i cant because when i click my navigation Point "MAP" in the Navigation and hit the Edit Page button i will be redirect to the home page. I am also not able to switch edit mode to on when I look at the "Map" Page.

Anyone else experience this problems?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Sounds like you broke something with your HTML. Did you make sure all tags were closed properly so it doesn't bleed out of its container?I suggest creating a new page to hold this and making sure all tags are closed properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• globe
      • Oct 2012

I think so because I created the script in dreamweaver... but I found another verry strange thing; when i login on the main page, vbulletin gives the message sucessfully loggedin but im logged out. So i go over to the /admincp and login and when i then visit my page im logged in is that cause of a cookie or because i installed vbulletin on a subvolfer /vb5/ ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by globe
        I think so because I created the script in dreamweaver... but I found another verry strange thing; when i login on the main page, vbulletin gives the message sucessfully loggedin but im logged out. So i go over to the /admincp and login and when i then visit my page im logged in is that cause of a cookie or because i installed vbulletin on a subvolfer /vb5/ ?
        Probably both. If you're cookie prefix is the same as your live site and they are on the same server, then they will conflict. You need to change the cookie prefix on your vB5 installation. It is defined in both config.php files so you'll need to change it in both places.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• globe
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Probably both. If you're cookie prefix is the same as your live site and they are on the same server, then they will conflict. You need to change the cookie prefix on your vB5 installation. It is defined in both config.php files so you'll need to change it in both places.
          ok thanks but to what should I set the cookie prefix is it the same like the sub folder "vb5"? Thanks for your help

Comment