• Show
Clear All
  • apapterx
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.0.x

Error on loading admincp

HTML1113: Document mode restart from Quirks to IE9 Standards
    admincp
    SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
    admincp
    LOG: Cache options
    LOG: Options being cached: crontab,bbtitle,enablefacebookconnect,facebookappid,facebookautoregister,fbfeednewthread,f bfeedpostreply,fbfeedblogentry,fbfeedblogcomment,fbfeednewarticle,fbfeedarticlecomment,max polloptions,postminchars,commentminchars
    LOG: vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 1 Source: ajaxStart
    Error when fetching options: SyntaxError: Invalid character
    LOG: vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: ajaxStop
    LOG: vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 1 Source: ajaxStart
    The option "maxpolloptions" needs to be pre-cached at the top of the Javascript file
    LOG: Options being cached: maxpolloptions
    The option "enablefacebookconnect" needs to be pre-cached at the top of the Javascript file
    LOG: Options being cached: enablefacebookconnect
    LOG: Cache phrases
    LOG: Phrases being cached: admin,admin_auth,attach_files,all_changes_made_will_be_lost_would_you_like_to_continue,att ach_link,attach_video,cancel,cancel_edit,conversation,edit_conversation,edit_site_x,email_ addresses_must_match,error,error_fetching_online_users_x,error_loading_ckeditor_script,err or_loading_editor,error_loading_post,error_posting_comment_code_x,error_saving_vote,error_ x,existing_reply_will_be_deleted,flag_a_post,follow,follow_error,following,following_pendi ng,following_remove,forgot_password_title,inlinemod_auth_login_failed,inlinemod_auth_login _first,inlinemod_auth_password_empty,invalid_data,invalid_data_requested,invalid_email_add ress,invalid_server_response_please_try_again,invalid_special_channel_subscribe_request,in valid_user_permissions,invalid_username_specified,invalid_username_specified_maxlength_x,i nvalid_username_specified_minlength_x,join,joined,join_error,leave,logged_out_while_editin g_post,login,login_success_admin_auth,lostpw_email_sent,moderator,no_create_permissions,no _icon,no_leave_channel_permission,no_one_voted,no_permission,no_update_permissions,no_vali d_tags_found,not_logged_no_permission,onbeforeunload_message_while_editing_post,password_m ust_be_at_least_four_chars,passwords_must_match,people_who_voted,please_enter_a_username,p lease_enter_link_url,please_enter_video_url,please_enter_your_comment,please_enter_your_em ail_address,please_enter_your_reason_why_you_want_to_flag_this_post,please_provide_search_ string,please_select_a_day,please_select_a_month,please_select_a_year,post_comment,search, see_less,see_more,send_report,thanks_for_signing_up_log_in,the_report_has_been_sent,unable _to_check_admin_permissions,unexpected_error,unfollow_error,unsubscribe,unsubscribe_overla y_error,unvote_cap,user_name_x_already_in_use_choose_different_name,vote_a_post,vote_cap,x s_avatar,you_have_a_pending_edit_unsaved,add_caption,click_to_add_caption,error_uploading_ image,invalid_image_allowed_filetypes_are,remove_all_photos_confirmation_message,remove_al l_photos_q,upload,upload_more,you_are_already_editing_continue,you_must_be_logged_in_to_up load_photos,vote_failed,vote_now,voters_lower,attach_video,please_enter_video_url,gallery_ slideshow,no_photos_found_or_post_deleted,attach_link,please_enter_link_url,close_preview, loading,max_attachments_reached,no_photos_or_albums,no_post_content_to_preview,please_ente r_message_x_chars,preview,saving,select_from_photo_album,unexpected_error,x_selected,cance l,delete_posts,delete_thread,inlinemod_auth,inlinemod_auth_login_failed,inlinemod_auth_log in_first,inlinemod_auth_password_empty,loading,login,manage_deleted,merge_posts,merge_thre ads_ginlinemod,move_posts,move_threads_ginlinemod,not_much_would_be_accomplished_by_mergin g,please_select_at_least_one_post,please_select_at_least_two_posts,this_post_has_been_succ essfully_approved,this_post_has_been_successfully_unapproved,this_topic_has_been_stuck,thi s_topic_has_been_successfully_approved,this_topic_has_been_successfully_opened,this_topic_ has_been_successfully_unapproved,this_topic_has_been_successfully_unstuck,this_topic_is_cl osed,this_topic_is_deleted,this_topic_is_undeleted,unapproved,you_did_not_select_any_valid _threads
    Error when fetching phrases: SyntaxError: Invalid character
    SCRIPT1014: Invalid character
    jquery.min.js, line 2 character 10807
    I receive this in the IE9 Debug Console and it won't allow me to login to admincp. I'm also receiving a pop-up box that is blank.

url in question: www.eva-gaming.com

- - - Updated - - -

There is also quite a few instances in my error log error_log.txt
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You have a utf8 bom marker at the start of one of your config.php files. You need to edit/save php files as ANSI/ASCII text files, not UTF8.

Comment

• apapterx
      • Aug 2012
      • 4.0.x

lynne from support had done that. However when i activated Facebook these errors started to persist.

i'll check my config files now however

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Zachery
      You have a utf8 bom marker at the start of one of your config.php files. You need to edit/save php files as ANSI/ASCII text files, not UTF8.
      I can't fathom out how to rectify this any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -
      i ran a find-bom.php and it brought up these files;

./core/includes/config.php
      ./config.php

- - - Updated - - -

I've made a ticket (Ticketid: 1152448)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You need to edit those two files and remove the BOM and then save them as ASCII.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• apapterx
          • Aug 2012
          • 4.0.x

I'm still receiving a blank pop and unable to login

- - - Updated - - -

So i disabled the hooks
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
          however i''m having a problem where when i try to login via the user panel (top right) it just displays the webpage inside that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also receiving
          That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

on the main page now

- - - Updated - - -

From the error log i get:

[28-Sep-2012 13:37:50 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at config.php:1) in includes/vb5/cookie.php on line 34
          [28-Sep-2012 13:37:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to set cookies' in includes/vb5/cookie.php:36
          Stack trace:
          #0 includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(53): vB5_Cookie::set('sessionhash', 'a3ad49a14320d5d...', 0, true)
          #1 includes/api/interfaceabstract.php(42): Api_Interface_Collapsed->init()
          #2 includes/vb5/user.php(41): Api_InterfaceAbstract::instance()
          #3 includes/vb5/user.php(30): vB5_User->__construct()
          #4 includes/vb5/user.php(65): vB5_User::instance()
          #5 includes/vb5/string.php(367): vB5_User::get('lang_charset')
          #6 includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(50): vB5_String::getTempCharset()
          #7 includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(21): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::ajaxCharsetConvert()
          #8 includes/vb5/frontend/application.php(5): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::init in includes/vb5/cookie.php on line 36

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You have a character before the <?php in your /config.php file. You need to remove it and save the file in ASCII format.

I recommend using notepad++ to edit your config.php and do not save them as UTF-8.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• apapterx
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              You have a character before the <?php in your /config.php file. You need to remove it and save the file in ASCII format.

I recommend using notepad++ to edit your config.php and do not save them as UTF-8.
              I've no idea how to remove the character there is nothing there when i edit the config.php

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

When you save the file, make sure you save it a ASCII / ANSI or UTF8 WITHOUT bom

Comment

• apapterx
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 4.0.x

Ok support also mentioned i had to change .htaccess to forward yourdomain.com/ to yourdomain.com/index.php any ideas how this is done or the line of code needeD? I can't find it through google

- - - Updated - - -

Also i have a problem where when you use the url eva-gaming.com it messes the site up instead you have to include www. is there any work around on that?

Comment