AdminCP login: That action could not be completed. Please try again...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

AdminCP login: That action could not be completed. Please try again...

I am currently running vB 5 Beta 10 on my local system using xampp. Everythings works fine (as fine as the beta version of vB 5 can work at the moment ), but whenever I try to login to the AdminCP, all I get is this error:

"That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Here is an image, that displays what happens when I click on the AdminCP button (or Admin in the footer):

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb5b10_admincp_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	3724727

When I enter the link to the AdminCP directly (localhost/vb5/admincp), I get a blank page.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should not reference an index.php in your URL. There is no index.php in that directory.

No more, no less to access the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You should not reference an index.php in your URL. There is no index.php in that directory.
      Yes, I know that. This is what is displayed after I clicked the AdminCP button. I haven't entered that manually. And if I enter http://localhost/vb5/admincp manually, all I get is a blank page with nothing being displayed at all.

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

By now, I have found a way to access the AdminCP. This is what I did:

1. Changing the "Presentation config.php":

On line 48 I changed
        PHP Code:
        $config['core_path'] = '/core'
        to
        PHP Code:
        $config['core_path'] = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\vb5\\core'
        2. Deleting the "install.php":

I have deleted the install.php in the directory "core\install". By the way: The need of this isn't mentioned at the end of the vB 5 installation, as it is on the vB 4 setup.

May any of these two things have caused my error?

But here is another weird thing (bug?):

If I click the AdminCP button when being logged in, then everything is ok, I get directed to the backend AdminCP. But if I enter "localhost/vb5/admincp" manually or just click the Admin link in the footer, I still get directed to a blank page.

However, if I do what you clearly suggested not to do (entering "localhost/vb5/admincp/index.php" manually), then I also get directed to the AdminCP. What is that supposed to tell me? I actually have to enter "index.php"? Or is this a bug?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

For 1 - the core_path value should be the full server path so your change has actually now made that value correct.

2 - if you're in debug mode, it won't be mentioned. If you're not in debug mode, it should have been.

Is there anything in the error logs for when you're getting the blank page?
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            the core_path value should be the full server path so your change has actually now made that value correct.
            Yes, I figured that out purely by chance. Maybe it is worth to make this a little clearer in the comments of the config.php? I saw others having also problems with this here in the forums.

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Is there anything in the error logs for when you're getting the blank page?
            The browser path shows "http://localhost/vb5/admincp" (without the index.php) and the page I see is totally blank. Unless there exists a way to display error logs of errors which don't show up by default, there isn't happening anything at all: No errors are showing up, the page remains being white.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Make sure error logging is turned on in the php.ini file then you should find the error logs in \xampp\apache\logs\error.log, where xampp is your installation folder.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TLMD
                • Sep 2012
                • 5.6.X

No errors are mentioned in the error log.

Comment

• wave-rice
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 5.5.x

Originally posted by TLMD
                  No errors are mentioned in the error log.
                  From what I've read, I think you're getting this: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3483
                  Aakif Nazir

Comment

• TLMD
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir
                    From what I've read, I think you're getting this: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3483
                    I just checked if the additionally mentioned ModCP link does work – and it does. So this is exactly the error I experience at the moment in Beta 10.

Since it has already been entered in JIRA, I don't have to add it again. Happy fixing!

Comment

• BulliM
                      • Oct 2012

I have the same problem. A brand new vserver, Ubuntu 10.04 installed. First i change the folder names (adminp) in parent dir and config.php. I also change the names in core/admincp & core/modcp. The same error. Got the message "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

After a while i decided to reinstall with no change of folder names. But it's the same. I can work with by using the path to core/admincp folder.

It seems to be the same bug as there: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3483

Comment

• BulliM
                        • Oct 2012

There is another "error", which can be involved in. The Forum URL is wrong. There is a /core at the end of my forum URL, that doesn't be there. If i remove it, the Admin CP design-formatting doesn't work properly.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BulliM; Mon 22 Oct '12, 11:15pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by BulliM
                          There is another "error", which can be involved in. The Forum URL is wrong. There is a /core at the end of my forum URL, that doesn't be there. If i remove it, the Admin CP design-formatting doesn't work properly.
                          The /core is required to be there. This value is only used for the AdminCP and the redirects take you into the /core directory. Without it, the AdminCP cannot find the proper files.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            The /core is required to be there. This value is only used for the AdminCP and the redirects take you into the /core directory. Without it, the AdminCP cannot find the proper files.
                            Okay. But it can't find the admin/mod-folders. None of them. Everywhere is '/core'. The broken links to the admin/mod contains'/core/admincp' or '/core/modcp' (which i've changed in my config-files and by renamed the folders!).

I am sure, there is a bug in the path management. I also set the sitemap file path to /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/httpdocs/sitemap.xml. VB5 try to create the sitemap at http://xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/core/xmlsitemap.php.

I installed VB5 in the main folder of my domain. I offer you, to have a look in my config.php-files, my installation and database, to kill the bug. Maybe you want to install a forum on my server by yourself? It is possible. Contact me, if you interesting in finding the bug. My OS is Ubuntu 10.04.
                            Last edited by BulliM; Tue 23 Oct '12, 12:36pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

I would suggest changing the directory names back to their originals.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment