X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g00gl3r
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.5.x

Layout of forums

I've added a bunch of forums and forum categories.

How the hell do you get them to list on the homepage like you have in your demo?

It seems to only show the one post I've posted and I can't seem to browse forum categories like I can on the demo.
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

That's because the default page is the Latest Activity, you could change the default page in SiteBuilder and make it default to Directory instead.

Edit Page, then click the edit icon on the main module (Latest Activity Module)
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• g00gl3r
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.5.x

Okay.

So now I have the original "Main Forum" category, but non of my extra ones showing. Do they all need posts in there before they view or something?

Comment

• Merjawy
        • Sep 2002

No, they should show even if no posts in them.
        Maybe a link to your forum would help.
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

• g00gl3r
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.5.x

PM sent.

Comment

• Merjawy
            • Sep 2002

Ok, I only see 1 forum in there I think the default forum. If you have added more forums, make sure they are under Forum and not under Home Page in the parent setting.

Also, Make sure you set them as forums and not categories, if you set as Category. Maybe a cotegory with few forums under it, but the main thing, do not set any categories/forums under Home Page (need to be under Forum).

Also, in a different subject: You need to change " Save CSS to files " to No under Settings >> Options >> Style & language Options.
            The option to save css to files doesn't work right now.That's why your forum has no css styling

Comment

• g00gl3r
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.5.x

Ahhhhhhh thanks.

I made a nav link to the forums and that one works. I think i do have them under home not forums. So I'll change that now.

And I thought the style I had was the style. Looks the same as vbdemo to me but I'll change that back right away.

I've uber rep'd you already so I have to spread the love apparently before I can rep you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. That worked. Want a job? lol

Comment

• Merjawy
                • Sep 2002

lol
                Glad to be of help And thanks for the Rep.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by g00gl3r
                  Okay.

So now I have the original "Main Forum" category, but non of my extra ones showing. Do they all need posts in there before they view or something?
                  They need a display value greater than 0.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wave-rice
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by g00gl3r
                    Set the Depth Value to a value higher than 0 here:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Settings -> Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Depth of Forums - Forum Home

Might want to tweak the others too to suit your needs.
                    Aakif Nazir

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...