X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bald Bouncer
    • Jul 2001
    • 5.0.X

Clarification on CMS and more

I would just like clarification/assurance on things like the CMS not being added at additional cost or any of the other features of VB4 being sold to us as additional packages to VB5.

People might think it's obviously going to be included as part of the product but I have learnt to be sceptical, trying not to presume anything without reassurance and I can't find anything clearly saying there will be no additional costs for additions such as CMS when it is added.
    Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

As soon as CMS is available, it will be added to vBulletin 5 Connect without any extra charge.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Bald Bouncer
      • Jul 2001
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
      As soon as CMS is available, it will be added to vBulletin 5 Connect without any extra charge.
      Thanks for the reply although a some what guarded reply that only really answerers half the question, again as sceptical and cynical as I am it makes me want to rephrase the question to is there a plan or will it be the case that additional features introduced to VB5 will come as additional purchases and updates will be either fixing bugs and/or replacing features seen in VB4. I am concerned that the position will be that for a hypothetical example: the embedded video chat conference feature for VB5 can be purchased for an additional cost of xyz rather than be included free as part of an update in the lifespan of VB5.
      Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The CMS is slated to be included in vBulletin 5 once it is completed. Please see the release plan thread in the Licensed Customer Feedback forum.

However we can't unequivocally say there won't be future addons with a fee. These would be things that tie into vBulletin via the API.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment