Managed to install it. Users cannot log in.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sushubh
    • Apr 2007

Managed to install it. Users cannot log in.

They do not stay logged in. I have vb5 beta installed in a subdomain of the same domain as my primary forum. I changed the cookie setting to point to the subdomain folder even that does not help.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

I suppose they klicked on 'Remember me' while logging in?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Make sure the cookie prefix in your config.php files is different from your main forum's cookie prefix. Also unless you have two licenses, you're only allowed to have one active forum open to the public.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AzhriaLilu
        • Aug 2003

I've had this issue a couple of times, sometimes it caused by a bad cookie or a bad cache - clear the cookie on the pc for the specific site and it may repair it. (It has for me a number of times.)
        I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
        Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
        sigpic

Comment

• Sushubh
          • Apr 2007

I have this installation locked using htaccess protection. Invited a few users to play with it.

Account creation had issues. No captcha was being passed. Disabled it and account creation worked.

Still working on fixing the login related issues. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

What browsers are they using?

make sure they use the URL explicitly specified in your config.php file.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sushubh
              • Apr 2007

i am pretty sure the settings are alright in the config files. it was not loading the forum earlier because my setting for absolute path to the core folder was incorrect. started working when i got that part fixed.

right now even i am failing to login to admincp. this is probably because of the cookie setting problem. i am planning to move it to an independent domain... remove it from the subdomain and move it to totally another domain (which still keeping access restricted to few select people)... to get around this cookie problem.

i would report back if i manage to get it working. thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

now running the copy on a brand new domain. installed from scratch. exactly the same issues...

captcha values are not accepted by the forum at the time of account creation.
              account is created if i disable captcha.
              user cannot log in to their newly created account. after login, the forum page still shows them logged out.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. members are now able to login. but i am now getting this on opening threads:

"An internal error has occurred and the widget cannot be displayed."
              i do not understand the concept of channels. i deleted the default channels that the installation had out of the box. and that seems to have changed something. cannot create new threads. cannot open existing threads.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

That error is either related to a permission, a space before <?php in /config.php or the paths in your /config.php are not correct.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cobro
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.5.x

what about if you would like to have a test site ? with vbulletin running on it ? is that not possible anymore ? thats awfull

Comment

• Ace
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by cobro
                    what about if you would like to have a test site ? with vbulletin running on it ? is that not possible anymore ? thats awfull
                    There's been no change to the term in the Agreement that allows a test site, htaccess password protected, and not available to the public at any time.
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...