Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

Center Alignment

Not sure if mentioned already, but centering shifts left to right when there is nothing to scroll vertically (all content within monitor screen). Something like html { overflow-y: scroll; } or similar is needed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Is this for vBulletin 5?

Comment

• oldz442
      • Apr 2012

Yes. I had the same issue on my own site, and that html line fixed things. Although it did add a non-scrollable side vertical browser bar.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Can you show me a screen shot of the problem?

Comment

• oldz442
          • Apr 2012

Could, but it's kinda subtle. It shifts a few pixels to the left or right. Noticed it in the new member section as well. It is only a minor annoyance.

Hard to notice, but if you look at the bottom browser toolbar (ie. Information) you can see how it is out of alignment a bit.

First img is from https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/ (no scrollbar) and 2nd from https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/forum/main-forum (scrollbar)

As mentioned, it is easily corrected with html { overflow-y: scroll; } and in my default css file anyway. tx
          Attached Files
          Last edited by oldz442; Wed 12 Sep '12, 9:10am.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

We're using what is called a Responsive design in vBulletin 5. The system is supposed to adjust and change as the width of the browser does so that it works on different devices from computers to tablets to smartphones.

Your images do not display enough information to understand what you mean to say. There is no scroll bar in either of them and they look identical to me.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• oldz442
              • Apr 2012

Yeah I know. I would have to take full screen caps I guess. If you have a page with one word on it for example (and the forums are fixed width ie. 1000px)... you can't scroll down the page b/c there is nothing to scroll obviously. Then you have a page with tons of content that you have to scroll down to see what's at the bottom... that is when the WHOLE content shifts (and vice-versa) a pixel or two horizontally. Maybe it is just a Firefox thing.

No matter though. I always add that line in my style.css for my main site, as well as additional.css for the forums.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Yeah. I think it is the javascript for responsive trying to adjust for the viewport. Maybe Firefox does something weird when you start scrolling that triggers a resize. I suggest creating a JIRA and being a complete as possible in the definition. I understand what you mean now by your last post. If it is something that can be fixed and not a browser peculiarity, we should get it fixed.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• oldz442
                  • Apr 2012

Do these help? Go back and forth quickly between caps and you will see the shift. Guess not so much as a 'shift' as it is the scrollbar on the right browser window causing it.
                  Attached Files
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Its your scroll bar pushing the window around, nothing we can do about that.

Comment

• oldz442
                      • Apr 2012

Is it just me or anyone else have the same thing? I don't think I have seen anyone mention it before, but it is a bit annoying. tx
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment