X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kehindelawal
    • Apr 2014
    • 5.0.X

inconsistent performance issues

I am using Vbulletin 5.1.3 on a linux VPS (Centos with Cache 25600kb).
    The average load on the server itself is very low, however users on my site have complained about inconsistent page load period.
    Navigating to some thread is upward of 60seconds while some are beareable..less than 15sec or so.
    i investigated with yslow on firefox and i could see that a couple of .js is sometimes responsible for the delay.

Pls how do i get better consistent pageloads from thread/topic to thread/topic?
    Do i need to increase my cache or install xcache?
    do i need to install nginx?

Thanks for your help.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You haven't provided enough information to understand where the problem is. Most performance issues come down to server configuration but your setting will affect it as well.

Please answer the questions in the thread below and provide a link to your site.

Every support request should be in its own topic. Do not take over the support topics posted by others. The only thing that happens when you do this is make it more difficult to receive support. Often times we get threads like: This type of question is very difficult to answer because it provides no real information.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kehindelawal
      • Apr 2014
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You haven't provided enough information to understand where the problem is. Most performance issues come down to server configuration but your setting will affect it as well.

Please answer the questions in the thread below and provide a link to your site.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...swered-quickly
      Here are the additional info required

1. vb : vb5.1.3
      2. php version: 5.5.17
      3. Mysql version: 5.6.17
      4. addons: VBshoutpro (inactive), VB5nvivo products Nslider(inactive) and Title tag grabber(acitve)
      5. - 9: No. essentially, the slow page load almost occur randomly while navigating from thread to thread.

Also i put my site in the debug mode but i cant find the REBUILD MENU in AdminCP. is this a problem?

Comment

• kehindelawal
        • Apr 2014
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...swered-quickly
        1. vb version: vb5.1.3
        2. php version: 5.5.17
        3. Mysql version: 5.6.17
        4. addons: VBshoutpro (inactive), VB5nvivo products Nslider(inactive) and Title tag grabber(acitve)
        5. - 9: No. essentially, the slow page load almost occur randomly while navigating from thread to thread.

i provided the above information a couple of days ago. Pls if you need more info let me know.
        my site is here: www.nigerianinvestorforum.com

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...