X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrye83
    • Sep 2014
    • 5.0.X

Advertisements Won't Show

Just upgraded from 4.2.1 to 5.1.3 earlier this week. I have been trying for some time to get my adsense up on the forum and it just won't show. The "Site Builder" is not an option for me as it simply does not show, no matter what browser I use. I have found no instructions for how to turn advertisements on the admincp and there are no tutorials for vb5 on how to do this without the site builder. I see where to put in the code through the admincp: style manager>theme>edit template>ad_global_below_navbar and I paste my code in there. I save and get nothing on the forum.

How do I get this to work?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What do you mean it doesn't show?

Comment

• Wrye83
      • Sep 2014
      • 5.0.X

Two things don't show:

1. The vb site builder that is shown in every single vb tutorial on youtube or their site is simply not there, regardless of which browser I use (Chrome, Firefox, IE). Perhaps I need to be a super admin to see that?

2. My ads. I put the ad code from Adsense in the ad_global_below_navbar template (or any other template) and the ads do not show up on the forum. If this is the wrong way to do this then I have no freakin clue how to as there exists not a single tutorial on how to add ads on vb5 without the site builder.

Also, when I click the Admin button on the bottom right of the page I get the third screenshot.

See screen shots.

If this is the wrong way to do this then I have no freakin clue how to as there exists not a single tutorial on how to add ads on vb5 without the site builder. I've looked everywhere online for a solution and it just doesn't exist. I can only speculate that something went wrong with the upgrade (even though the forum works without any known problems on the front end).

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

You need to put the ads into an advertising module using site builder. Yes you need to be a superadmin to do that.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wrye83
          • Sep 2014
          • 5.0.X

*sigh* I'm an idiot.

Working now. Many thanks.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wrye83
            *sigh* I'm an idiot.

Working now. Many thanks.
            Glad it's working....no you're not an idiot, that's the whole point of having a support forum.

"Questions are only easy when you know the answer."
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment