How to increase the size of pictures when using the Share Photos upload function

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creaturex
    • Jul 2010

How to increase the size of pictures when using the Share Photos upload function

Hello all,

Could someone tell me how to increase the size of pictures when using the Share Photos upload function?

When anyone uploads pics using the Share Photos button... they come out to be very small (VB5 automatically sizes them down). Is there a way to keep them in their original size?

Thank you,

Suave
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to do that at this time. It is in our bug tracker as an improvement we hope to have in the future but no set date yet. Please click this link and "vote" for the issue.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

You can install the Photo Slideshow mod I created.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• creaturex
        • Jul 2010

Okay - I voted!

Glenn - where do I download your mod? How do I install it? Please tell me!

Otherwise, can I simply remove the 'Share Photos' button from the message posting window?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Looks like you can download his mod from the Photo Slideshow link in his signature.

You can remove the camera icon from the New Post options by going to the AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager, and Edit the Registered Users (and any other groups you want) and set the "Can create photo gallery" option to No.

Comment

• creaturex
            • Jul 2010

When I go to 'Manage Hooks' in order to install this mod... I get an error "Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel."

How do I install a new mod, with my vBulletin being in the vBulletin Cloud? Please tell me

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Sorry, for Cloud sites it's not possible to install add-ons.

You can hide the camera icon though, as described above. People should then use the other Attachments icon, over on the right, where you get a choice of what size to embed it (or not at all).
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment