Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [GReY]
    • Sep 2012

How to Disable Sub Forums from Showing?

I cant quiet seem to set up the Sub Forum Displays how I want them to be. So for now I would like them to not be on. I cant figure out how to disable them. All guides and info I find via Google seem to apply to a different version of vBulletin as they don't add up with mine (5.1.1).

Thank you for your help and/or time.
    Last edited by [GReY]; Tue 5 Aug '14, 5:13pm.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

For hiding the Topics section in the Category page, add these in css_additional.css template:

Code:
    .view-mode .subchannel-widget ~ .page-title-widget, /* remove this line if you don't want to hide the page title */
    .view-mode .subchannel-widget ~ .channel-content-widget {
        display: none;
    }
    .view-mode .subchannel-widget.admin-only ~ .page-title-widget, /* remove this line if you don't want to hide the page title */
    .view-mode .subchannel-widget.admin-only ~ .channel-content-widget {
        display: block;
    }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• [GReY]
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      For hiding the Topics section in the Category page, add these in css_additional.css template:

Code:
      .view-mode .subchannel-widget ~ .page-title-widget, /* remove this line if you don't want to hide the page title */
      .view-mode .subchannel-widget ~ .channel-content-widget {
      display: none;
      }
      .view-mode .subchannel-widget.admin-only ~ .page-title-widget, /* remove this line if you don't want to hide the page title */
      .view-mode .subchannel-widget.admin-only ~ .channel-content-widget {
      display: block;
      }
      Thanks for the help. This worked for the most part. The only Thing is I have one Catagory that actually has posts allowed and so those are not hidden as well... Is there a way to make so it only hides it if there are no topics posted?

Thanks again.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

After thinking more about it, you should only hide the Topics tab not the entire module because the other tabs (Latest Activity, My Subscriptions and Photos) may contain posts. You don't need additional CSS to do this.
        1. Go to a Category page where posts are not allowed
        2. Edit the page via Sitebuilder by turning Edit Site on and then clicking Edit Page.
        3. Edit the category module by clicking on the pencil icon.
        4. In the Tabs to Display config setting, uncheck Topics.
        5. Change Default Tab to Latest Activity.
        6. Save.
        7. Repeat for other category pages.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• [GReY]
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          After thinking more about it, you should only hide the Topics tab not the entire module because the other tabs (Latest Activity, My Subscriptions and Photos) may contain posts. You don't need additional CSS to do this.
          1. Go to a Category page where posts are not allowed
          2. Edit the page via Sitebuilder by turning Edit Site on and then clicking Edit Page.
          3. Edit the category module by clicking on the pencil icon.
          4. In the Tabs to Display config setting, uncheck Topics.
          5. Change Default Tab to Latest Activity.
          6. Save.
          7. Repeat for other category pages.
          That actually did work a lot better... However the bar still remains it just shows Latest Activity as the default. If you remove Topics from one it seems to remove it from all... In fact it doesn't even let you set specific "templates" to specfic pages even thought it tells you it will it then ignores everything you did an makes the page match all others.

I even tried creating a separate Style Template in the AdminCP containing the code you gave earlier so though I could apply it to some pages and not others. But again it just ignores all settings and styles and sets one across the board. Even if you specifically select a different one for a certain channel... Just ignores your settings.

Its becoming a huge Hassle....
          Last edited by [GReY]; Tue 5 Aug '14, 6:18pm.

Comment