X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

How would I go about making a "like post" option

I've seen on other forums, people have had an option to "like post" and then it will show your likes under your username.

How would I be able to implement this into vb5.

Any suggestions?
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Is the reputation system enabled?

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

I can enable it anytime.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Reputation == Likes, they're the same system with a better coat of paint.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Thanks, that's very convenient.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.1.x

Okay so I just checked, I'm using vbulletin 5.

There was no reputation > likes section

There was user reputations and it did not have a like enabling system. Let me know why I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

You need to enable the reputation system, it is the likes system.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                • Jul 2014
                • 5.1.x

Okay, is there any way I can add, lets say, a "likes received" section under the username.

Comment

• catsma_97504
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 5.0.X

You would most likely need to find a mod for changing the display. Check out http://www.vbulletin.org. Might find what you are seeking.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                    • Jul 2014
                    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by catsma_97504
                    You would most likely need to find a mod for changing the display. Check out http://www.vbulletin.org. Might find what you are seeking.
                    Thanks, I have just recently gave the .org site a try.

Unfortunately I came to notice there was hardly any styles for vbulletin 5. Barely enough to even browse through.

As for mods, I will search through them all and see if they have one.

I'm hoping to learn php soon as I am fixing to go to school for that and web design. I have not found what I am looking for so until I learn it, it's going to be kind of difficult.

If you find any information on this mod, please message me on here (TheXboxCloud) as I would appreciate it a lot. I saw on vbulletin.org there is something quite famous called vbexperience which allows for awards and other types of user incentives that has gained the attention of motm 3 times.

I plan on making custom style edits, however making mods is something I will not have the resources to do until I finish learning.

I want to have likes received under the users name. I also want to implement awards.

I'm familiar with how to change user titles and use the reputation system, also ranks and things like that.

However, if you can assist me with these 2 things or know a coder who can please let me know. Same goes for you Zachary.

Pretty sure this wouldn't be too difficult. The challenge would be the awards as they have not made a vbexperience for vb5. Only vb4.

Hoping they do quite a bit of updating with vb5. I guess only time will tell.

Let me know what we can make happen here if anyone has an idea. Thanks catsma.. Zachary.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

There isn't a mod to do what you want, but you may find THIS one useful.

Discussion of customisations is beter suited to vbulletin.org - we are unable to provide support for custom coding here.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                        There isn't a mod to do what you want, but you may find THIS one useful.

Discussion of customisations is beter suited to vbulletin.org - we are unable to provide support for custom coding here.
                        I downloaded it. Thanks.

Hopefully I'll get what I need before it's all said and done. I got huge plans for this site. I just need to study.

Comment