X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hs4x4
    • Jun 2014
    • 5.0.X

VB5 Forum/Channel links Broken

I moved my forum from .com/forum to .com on my site and changed the URL in AdminCP. Everything shows up correctly when you go to highsierra4x4.com but when you click on any of the forums/channels they try to take you highsierra4x4.com/forum/... I can't figure out how to get rid of the /forum/ in the hyperlinks.

Any suggestions or where to look? I have cleared the cache, rebuilt the tables, anything that looks obvious. I'm thinking there is a PHP file that is changed on install to have this /forum/ path and it needs to be updated. But that is a guess.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Have you tried editing the .htaccess file?

Not all the time. But sometimes this will help.

I've had a similar problem myself recently with trying to get my forum to not double trail with /forum/forum

The tech suggested I also edit the this file with the url I wanted it to be. Also suggested what you have done in the admincp.

Hope that helped.

Also, your files need to be in the root directory. Instead of putting them in a "forum" directory. You will need to place your files directly in public_html
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• hs4x4
      • Jun 2014
      • 5.0.X

What would I change in the .htaccess file? I didn't see anything in there that referenced the site URL.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by hs4x4
        changed the URL in AdminCP.
        Well firstly, you would because that's the only way your going to get it fixed.

And also put your files in the root.

You want to direct your /forum url to highsierra4x4.com

You will need to alot index.php instead of index.html as your homepage. That simple.
        "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• hs4x4
          • Jun 2014
          • 5.0.X

I fixed it. I had the old /forum/ folder still on the server. It was causing an URL conflict. When I renamed the old /forum/ folder everything works.

Comment