X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rahstyles.com
    • Apr 2010

I get 500 internal error when adding link

How did thay happen??? I tried to add a link in the post and I get 500 internal error
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Are you sure that adding a link in the post caused the 500 server error? It might just be coincidental?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Check your phpinfo, is there anything about dom being disabled?

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
        • Apr 2010

the only thing written in tehre is this:

<?php
        phpinfo();
        ?>

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
          • Apr 2010

the hosting guys told me the dom is not disabled

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
            • Apr 2010

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Have you disabled all modification?

Does it happen to all links or just specific sites?

Does it happen immediately or does it seem like there is a long delay before it shows up?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

I've made a test link on your site without issue- is the problem resolved?

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
                  • Apr 2010

No its not resolved.. hey joe i didnt know you work for vb.. lol Anyways i had my hosting guys check it out and it seems to do it only for the "ADMIN" which is me.. regular users are able to post the link fine...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Rahstyles.com
                    No its not resolved.. hey joe i didnt know you work for vb.. lol Anyways i had my hosting guys check it out and it seems to do it only for the "ADMIN" which is me.. regular users are able to post the link fine...
                    OK- please answer/try the following-

Have you disabled all modifications?

Does it happen to all links or just specific sites?

Does it happen immediately or does it seem like there is a long delay before it shows up?

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
                      • Apr 2010

1 i have no modifications on the site

2 all links

3 normal 2 sec delay then it says 500 error .. only for admin.. also it works in advanced editor.. but not the quick button on the left

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
                        • Apr 2010

here is what the server operator had said to me:

mike,
                        Claudio thought mod security was enabled but it doesn't play well with either Litespeed or vB. We do not run it on our servers as you can see from your sites admincp>diagnostics> Problematic Webserver Modules

The page returning the 500 error looks like this (taken HTML out of fiddler response.) http://screencast.com/t/3gtnlfPm

The 500 error appears to be returned from vBulletin itself and the server side is not showing any errors in the error logs, the global error logs and the debug logging in Litespeed does not show any issues.

There is also no malware detected for this site (running updated maldet.)

My recommendation is to contact vBulletin support (we can do this too, we just need the information) and have them tell us what could cause an error "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message." only when adding a link.

I also see the post on vBulletin's forums asking as well: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...en-adding-link

Unfortunately this issue does not appear to be server related and we would need the help of vBulletin to debug this specific issue. We've checked almost everything we can think of and everything looks OK as far as we can tell. We may also want to re-upload the vBulletin files (one file says its "suspect".)

In summary, here's the best course of action:
                        1. Contact vBulletin and start a case asking about the error, we know our configuration seems to work for other vB5 users without issues. Is there another way to view a detailed error report? We also tried setting debug to on in both config.php and core/includes/config.php but the error remained the same.
                        2. See if we can roll a fresh copy of the vB5 files to the site, there is one suspect file.
                        3. Have recent changes been made that could cause this issue (I didn't see any plugins enabled and we also attempted to disable all plugins)

Please let us know how to work with vBulletin if you would like us to speak with them to see what the root of this issue is. The 500 error is not generated from PHP or we would see error_log and stderr output in the logs.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Your server likely has PHP setup so the dom functions are disabled.

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Zachery
                            Your server likely has PHP setup so the dom functions are disabled.
                            What does that even?

Comment

• Rahstyles.com
                              • Apr 2010

Please explain it in cool guy terms.. im not smart enough to understand what that means

Comment