X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webcms
    • Jan 2014
    • 5.0.X

Forum URL does not sync on editing title

When I create a forum (say: Web Development), it creates a URL /web-development-aa/

But when I edit the title to "Web Development Tips", the URL remains the same. How do I sync the URL to include the words in the forum name? Apparently, these are captured in a table column and not dynamic. For the reference, changing forum titles sync URLs in vB 4.
    If this bug is fixed in future, do the URLs sync with the titles without any changes to forum titles?

2. Also, the "|" does not convert into "-" in the URL. It renders as "%7C". This is another glitch! How do I render "|" in the forum title as "-" in the URL? For the reference, "|" in forum titles are rendered as "-" in the URLs in vB v4 as expected. But it doesn't work as expected in vB 5. If this bug is fixed in future, do the URLs render with dashes without any changes to forum titles?

3. How do I get rid of the -aa, -ab, etc suffixes in the URLs?

4. Is there a table where I can sync the above data?

TIA
    Last edited by webcms; Fri 13 Jun '14, 11:09pm.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

You can edit the URL to any specific forum by using Site Builder.

Enable Site Builder

Browse to the forum (or channel) whose URL you wish to change.

Click Edit Page on Site Builder

Click Save Page

You will be presented with several fields, one of them will let you edit the URL of the current page. Here is where you can make the changes.

Save changes to complete the URL update.

Comment