X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elkali
    • Feb 2014
    • 5.0.X

impex?

What happened to impex? So I follow all the "official" links, members area, download impex, check the documentation here (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex)...

NOT FOUND????

Seriously, guys, what's wrong? I mean, we kinda paid for this, right? A lot of money, actually...
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Impex docs start here:

Strictly speaking you haven't paid anything for Impex. It isn't part of the core software and is not included in the price.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• elkali
      • Feb 2014
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Strictly speaking you haven't paid anything for Impex. It isn't part of the core software and is not included in the price.
      Thanks for the link Mark.

Regarding "strictly speaking", since I am trying to move from an old phpbb, obviously one of my sine-qua-non conditions to decide the new software is the ability to seamlessly migrate from phpbb into vb, which while not advertised as "included in the price" it is advertised as a feature of VB, and you can bet I would definitely not have paid for the license was it not for this option. So strictly speaking, you have my money because there was supposedly an easy migration tool. All I am asking is for updated links, is that too much to ask for a $250 fee?? Seriously?

Comment

• ralph.jaeger
        • Jun 2014
        • 5.0.X

Do you provide Impex scripts for importing into VB5?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Not at this time.

Comment

• elkali
            • Feb 2014
            • 5.0.X

Comment

• elkali
              • Feb 2014
              • 5.0.X

All of these nice details you only get to discover AFTER paying your license. What a waste of money

Comment

• elkali
                • Feb 2014
                • 5.0.X

In case anyone is trying to use impex, the package won't work with the mysql version requested for vb4.

The first run of impex will attempt to create a table, impexerror, but the sql command to create the table uses the deprecated syntax "TYPE=MyISAM" instead of the correct "ENGINE=".

You will need to replace the TYPE by ENGINE in the impex/index.php file (line 271).

Maybe the guys at vb want to update the script, although at this point I highly doubt so.

I'm curious whether I will find any other mysql syntax errors later...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...