X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mondy
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Upgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 Alpha

Completely stuck; simply have no idea how to resolve this....

Upgrade remains stuck at Step 14, returning Unexpected Text error:

--- start -----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/php:/home/gblcg.org/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/tmp:/etc/phpmyadmin:/usr/lib/php4:/usr/lib/php5:/opt/ioncube/lib) in <b>/home/gblcg.org/public_html/consulting-forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>468</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/php:/home/gblcg.org/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/tmp:/etc/phpmyadmin:/usr/lib/php4:/usr/lib/php5:/opt/ioncube/lib) in <b>/home/gblcg.org/public_html/consulting-forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>468</b><br />
    <upgrade>
    <message replace="0"><![CDATA[Skipped importing theme 'Blue Green' because it already exists.]]></message>
    <startat>2</startat>
    <status>Status: Processing XML, Step 14 of 18</status>
    <longversion>final</longversion>
    <version>final</version>
    <nextstep>14</nextstep>
    </upgrade>

-- end ---

I've searched high and low for a solution; done the following:
    • (re-)introduced TMP (chmod 777) into my public_html > consulting-forum directory + Safe Mode Upload Enabled;
    • disabled products& hooks;
    • re-uploaded files twice [twice from Members Area and twice through FTP]
    • Inspected theme.php line 468
    • Ensured all files and directories have 'original' names.

Still completely stumped: message persists and upgrade continues to stall.

Could anyone give me a helping hand with this please?

http://gblcg.com - The Business of Your Future - Strategy Redefined.
  • Mondy
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Ok. Invested about five hours in total to figure out how to solve this issue, the cause of which, I admit, may very well sit with me. However, raising a support ticket three days ago didn't produce any meaningful help and, clearly, posting this question here isn't doing much for me either. Simpler question then: Is this issue likely to be caused by something I may have done wrong, or is it related to - or caused by - a known/potential bug? It would be 'nice' to know that first; nicer to know how to resolve it before we're moving any of the six other vB sites I co-manage to 5.1.2 -- and, yes, I did search for answers to this question, which taught me that a) I am not the first one to experience this, and b) that none of the answers provided elsewhere helped me solve this. Not posting this for lack of trying to solve yet another problem. Right now, in absence of any response to what may be a very simple question, I am fully expecting to see this error message to pop up again when trying to go to 5.1.2 'non Alpha'. What a way to enjoy our six bought licenses....
    http://gblcg.com - The Business of Your Future - Strategy Redefined.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Looking at the ticket, you'd tried to customise the admincp path, which isn't available in vB5, it has to be /admincp.

The support we can give for upgrading to alpha and beta releases is extremely limited - issues caused may be down to bugs in the software, and the support team cannot fix these - we are not programmers.

The best thing I can suggest here, is to first of all try as suggested in the ticket - restore back to previous version, then attempt the upgrade again with the admincp at its default path.
      If the same thing still occurs, then it should ideally be logged in the tracker so that the QA team can try to replicate it. For this, ideally, they'd need the server specs you were using also.

If you get to that point and need any assistance raising it in the tracker, just let me know.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment