X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex.smart
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.0.X

Custom home page and breadcrumbs

Hi, I've successfully created a custom home page for a landing page from Mark.Bs tutorials:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/articles/vbulletin-5-connect-aa/vbulletin-5-tutorials-aa/4025039-vb5-how-to-create-a-custom-home-page
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/artic...ar#post4025040

However I have lost the default home page (the one that doesn't have any breadcrumbs at the top). Its not an issue but I would like the custom home page to be the actual home page in which it doesn't have the breadcrumb (home>) at the top. This is what my custom home page has for a breadcrumb...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-27 23.50.12.png
Views:	121
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	4054826

The default home page comes with an activity stream on it, so it makes sense navigating through from home > forum > etc. But when you set up a custom home page, this page is lost. Now it wouldn't be so bad if you could change the forum module to an activity stream module but its a system module and cannot be deleted. If I don't want the activity stream module on the custom home page then there isn't really anywhere else to put it. The breadcrumbs will always revert to the custom home page and not the default one.

Is this something I can do in the CMS? Ideally, I would move the default home page up a level and have the new custom home page as the parent to the whole site.

Oh, and unless its just they way I've done it, clicking on any of the forum subcategories now makes the navbar look like the custom home page is active, and not the forum page. When I click on latest posts, the latests posts page shows the navbar like below (instead of staying on forums):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-27 23.46.15.png
Views:	120
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	4054825
  • alex.smart
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.0.X

bump!

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Is your new home page located at sitename.com ? (no page name)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• alex.smart
        alex.smart commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but it still has the root "Home" breadcrumb visible, wheras the default home page from install doesn't.
    • Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Your site is turned off so it's impossible for me to see this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment