X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webcms
    • Jan 2014
    • 5.0.X

Styling Module Widgets Titles in the sidebar

Article, Blog titles use H1 which is OK. However, the module widgets in the sidebar (Categories, Latest Topics, Tag Cloud, etc) also use <H1> for their titles. How can I change these widget titles to use H2 or H3 instead? I want H1 applied only to the article title, blog title, etc. My intention is to apply different fonts/sizes to article/blog title and widget titles in the sidebar but currently they both seem to use H1 tag.

Please help...

TIA
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

By default, all module title has a font-size of 16px. If you want to keep that except for the page titles (this includes Blog article titles), you can add this in css_additional.css template:

Code:
    .page-title-widget .module-title h1 { font-size: 20px; }
    That will affect all page titles. Change 20px to the desired font-size.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• webcms
      • Jan 2014
      • 5.0.X

Thank you so much! You've made my day! vB gives us a great deal of control on styling.

Comment

• webcms
        • Jan 2014
        • 5.0.X

One more question:

How do I set font-face, line-spacing, etc for CK Editor in EDIT mode? I created and placed a javascript file on a subdomain and added it to the end of ckeditor_javascript template with its full path but it didn't work:

{vb:js http://subdomain.domain.com/ckeditor.js}

Does the JS file need to reside on the same domain for security reasons? Or do I need to use a different name for the file (I don't think name should matter).

​Please advise on usage of ckeditor_javascript template as it is not documented anywhere.

Comment

• Graham Walters
          • Feb 2013
          • 5.1.x

I have a similar problem, an SEO analyzer I am using tells me that the Static HTML module uses the <h1> tag for the title, this means that every module on a page has a <h1> title which is not good for SEO, is there any way I can alter the tag for the Static HTML module ?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by webcms
            One more question:

How do I set font-face, line-spacing, etc for CK Editor in EDIT mode? I created and placed a javascript file on a subdomain and added it to the end of ckeditor_javascript template with its full path but it didn't work:

{vb:js http://subdomain.domain.com/ckeditor.js}

Does the JS file need to reside on the same domain for security reasons? Or do I need to use a different name for the file (I don't think name should matter).

​Please advise on usage of ckeditor_javascript template as it is not documented anywhere.
            The path needs to be relative to the base url. If you take a look at the view-source of the page, you would see the included js as:

Code:
            <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.domain.com/http://subdomain.domain.com/ckeditor.js?v=510"></script>
            If you want to change the style, do you really need js to do it? Ckeditor uses the css_editor.css template.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• webcms
              • Jan 2014
              • 5.0.X

You're right - I chose a wrong template. I made changes to css_editor.css and they work now.

However, I've just noticed that the Article editor grows in height beyond the boundaries of the screen based on the amount of content - needing to scroll the page up/down to scroll to the editor's boundaries. It is not consistent as it stops growing after a certain height and still needs scrolling within the editor too in addition to scrolling the page. Instead the editor should be sized no taller than the screen/window height as a standard behavior. This is an existing glitch I've verified by removing my changes and still seen the same behavior.
              Last edited by webcms; Tue 27 May '14, 10:41pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

The ckeditor has "auto-grow" functionality with a maximum height set. You can see this feature at this ckeditor demo: http://ckeditor.com/demo#auto-grow

Comment

• webcms
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 5.0.X

I understand auto-grow. What I was referring to is in vB, the initial height of the editor looks like it is a single-line edit. On the page you referred, they display a taller box that looks like a multi-line edit. TextArea/Editor elements should look like multi-line controls by rendering them a bit taller to make them look like they are at least 3-5 lines tall and indicate that they accept multi-line input.

Another point I mentioned is when the content is large, the editor grows beyond the boundaries of the screen (but NOT FULLY to accommodate the full content without having to scroll) - requiring us to scroll both the page as well as the editor. Many users are not savvy to do so.

On another note, I just noticed The editor seems to be screwed in some ways now - Type something, move the cursor back and type in between the previous text - it types at the end of the text!! The only way to type inside the previous text seems to be to delete all the way to that point and start re-typing (or cut/paste). Also backspace key deletes text at the wrong position. This is manifest in newly typed text and especially on the last line/paragraph.
                  Last edited by webcms; Mon 9 Jun '14, 1:37pm.

Comment