X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subsonic
    • Feb 2003
    • 5.0.X

CSS help needed - Site Uniformity

I have just crashed and burned my old forum and am starting from the ground up with a brand new install of 5.1.0.
    I like the default style, more so the background, which I want site wide.
    Now I know how to set a page background in HTML, my issue is with my photo galleries made in lightroom which are flash.
    When creating a gallery there options to change background colour but not use an image so that option is out, this means changing something in the CSS files but everything I try just ends up back to what lightroom created before upload.
    Anyone any advice you can give me on this?
    Here is an example link, http://www.nx99.co.uk/photosets/lymepark/
    Originally it was all in white as you can see I can change the colour, the blue bit... I want all that and the white at the top the same as the forum background.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

So, you want a blue background?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Have you tried setting wmode="transparent" and bgcolor="transparent" in the flash params and then setting the body background the same as the forum background? I'm not sure if bgcolor="transparent" is valid, though.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Subsonic
        • Feb 2003
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
        So, you want a blue background?
        no I want the vB background same as here on either side of this thread

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

We can't really provide support for customising non-vBulletin parts of your site....
          Also ideally you shouldn't really use the vBulletin background graphic on a non-vBulletin site.

A better bet would be to come up with a similar background and apply that to both parts of the site, so you're effectively using your own background image.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Subsonic
            • Feb 2003
            • 5.0.X

but it is such a nice background and technically as the site is based around vB with additional content it is not a non-vBulletin site. That said I take on board what you are saying. Still will not help though as I still don't know how to change the CSS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
              We can't really provide support for customising non-vBulletin parts of your site....
              Also ideally you shouldn't really use the vBulletin background graphic on a non-vBulletin site.

A better bet would be to come up with a similar background and apply that to both parts of the site, so you're effectively using your own background image.
              Looking at the homepage, the site is a vB site. And I think he made that gallery page as a separate page made in flash.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Subsonic
                • Feb 2003
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                Looking at the homepage, the site is a vB site. And I think he made that gallery page as a separate page made in flash.

Correct it is all hosted in the same place, but the gallery is created within Lightroom which gives no scope for a background image only the ability to change the colour. Which means editing the CSS I think

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Did you try my suggestion at post #3?

Comment

• Subsonic
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                    Did you try my suggestion at post #3?
                    Sorry forgot to reply to that, what I have thus far is...

Code:
                    <background>
                    <backgroundBgImg alpha="100.00" src="your image location"/>
                    <backgroundBgColor alpha="0.00" color="013851"/>
                    </background>
                    Alpha works over transparent in both IE and Chrome, which means I now have the body as I want it, just need to work on the header now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Comment