X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catsma_97504
    • Jan 2013
    • 5.0.X

SQL Error

Tonight I was attempting to help one of my forum members log in. At first he was unable to log in at all. Reset his password and could log in, but the forum would kick him out after attempting to navigate. He was working on a new laptop with IE. Had him add my URL to the Trusted Sites to make sure the cookies weren't being blocked. And, he was then able to post a thread before being kicked out again.

When I checked my email for error reports I found several from this same user. Every report, while referencing a different URL, always reported the same SQL error. There appears to be something missing between the parenthesis.

Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0: Invalid SQL: SELECT DISTINCT node.nodeid, node.contenttypeid FROM node AS starter INNER JOIN node AS node ON (node.starter = starter.nodeid) WHERE ( )AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (15,29) ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT 20; MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (15,29) ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT 20' at line 4 Error Number : 1064 Request Date : Tuesday, April 8th 2014 @ 02:51:00 AM Error Date : Tuesday, April 8th 2014 @ 02:51:01 AM Script : http:///forum/privatemessage/index Referrer : http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...emessage/index IP Address : xxx Username : xxx Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version :
    I upgraded my forum from vB4.2.2 to vB5.1.0 and many members run into this error. In fact in 9 days, with a slow forum, I have close to 400 of these reports. Every one because of this SQL error. No only did these errors occur when attempting to view/use the PM system, but when attempting to respond to or to create a thread as well.

Forum Version: 5.1.0
    Upgraded from 4.2.2
    MySQL: 5.5.29
    PHP: 5.3.28
  • catsma_97504
    • Jan 2013
    • 5.0.X

Left the debugger on to attempt to capture more info on this issue. And, here is an email report from today showing the Stack Trace. Hopefully it will give you a clue where the problem lies.

Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT node.nodeid, node.contenttypeid

FROM node AS starter INNER JOIN node AS node ON (node.starter = starter.nodeid)

WHERE (

)AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (15,29)

ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT

20;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (15,29)

ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT

20' at line 4

Error Number : 1064

Request Date : Wednesday, April 9th 2014 @ 02:44:16 AM

Error Date : Wednesday, April 9th 2014 @ 02:44:16 AM

Script : http:///forum/privatemessage/index

Referrer : http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...abet-fish-soup

IP Address : 162.72.163.161

Username : Lilibeth_Seasong

Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi

MySQL Version :

Stack Trace:

#line vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/vb/database/mysqli.php on line 140

#line vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 473

#line vB_Database->query_read() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 122

#line vB_dB_Result->rewind() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 59

#line vB_dB_Result->__construct() called in [path]/packages/vbforum/db/mysql/querydefs.php on line 7945

#line vBForum_dB_MYSQL_QueryDefs->fetchPendingPosts() called in [path]/vb/db/query/method.php on line 175

#line vB_dB_Query_Method->execSQL() called in [path]/vb/db/assertor.php on line 282

#line vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 2396

#line vB_Library_Node->listPendingPosts() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 2450

#line vB_Library_Node->listPendingPostsForCurrentUser() called in [path]/vb/api/node.php on line 3038

#line vB_Api_Node->listPendingPostsForCurrentUser() called in [path]/vb/library/content/privatemessage.php on line 1141

#line vB_Library_Content_Privatemessage->fetchSummary() called in [path]/vb/api/content/privatemessage.php on line 433

#line vB_Api_Content_Privatemessage->fetchSummary() called in on line

#line call_user_func_array() called in [path]/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 122

#line vB_Api_Wrapper->__call() called in on line

#line vB_Api_Wrapper->fetchSummary() called in on line

#line call_user_func_array() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 87

#line Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php on line 491

#line vB5_Template_Runtime:arseData() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(276) : eval()'d code on line 46

#line eval() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 276

#line vB5_Template->render() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php on line 163

#line vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 299

#line vB5_Template->render() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 179
    #line vB5_Frontend_Controller_Page->index() called in on line
    #line call_user_func_array() called in /home/www/everythingaquatic.net/forum/index.php on line 72

Comment

• Sadie Frost
      • Dec 2001
      • 5.0.X

I got the same error last night with Referrer : /forums/admincp/thread.php?do=

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

This is the bug you're being affected by. If you're on the download product, please open a ticket with my attention and provide ftp access, I can apply a patch.

If you're on Cloud, we're looking into rolling out a patch for our customers ASAP

Comment

• catsma_97504
          • Jan 2013
          • 5.0.X

Zachery just finished fixing this issue on my server. I am very grateful to no longer be receiving the error reports by the hundreds!

Thanks again for finding a fix!!

Comment