Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeky
    • Feb 2009

The problem is when i enter my username and password it doesn't enter the system and it doesn't appear on header info bar.

Why is it?
  • Zeky
    • Feb 2009

Any one help?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

When did this problem start? Is it only you, the admin, having this problem? Do you have your Site URL set to www.site.com or just site.com? And are you trying to login from www.site.com or just site.com? And do you have the same cookie prefix set in both of the config.php files?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Zeky
        • Feb 2009

- When did this problem start?

I have just set it up.

- Is it only you, the admin, having this problem?

No. I'm admin but i have tried it with normal user profile and it is same at this too.

- Do you have your Site URL set to www.site.com or just site.com? Are you trying to login from www.site.com or just site.com?

I haven't chosen especially any type for this. I'm using normally www.icmimarlikdergisi.com/forum

- And do you have the same cookie prefix set in both of the config.php files?

Probably no. What can i do for this?

Comment

• Zeky
          • Feb 2009

So?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

You should check both your config.php files and make sure that both are set to the same cookie prefix (this is important).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Zeky
              • Feb 2009

They are same. But still same problem goes on.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

And what do you have entered for your cookie domain? If you allow users to login to your site via both http://www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com, then you MUST have your cookie domain (AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain) set to ".yoursite.com" (no quotes, but note the period at the beginning) or your users will have problems.

Comment

• Zeky
                  • Feb 2009

I have done that what you said. But still there is no solution.

When i change 2 config.php file's cookie's like that /forum/core/includes/config.php i can never enter the system i mean admin panel ext.

I have changed my first config.php' cookie which is in my /forum/ directory like that /forum/core/includes/config.php
                  Second config.php's cookie is normally is like that: "bb"
                  When i change it like first (i mean > /forum/core/includes/config.php) after that i can't log in at admin panel. When it is "bb" i can enter the admin panel.

But still i can't log in to my normal forum page and still it doesn't appear on header info bar.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Do not change the cookie prefix in your config.php files. They have to be the same. If you change them, make sure to clear your cookies for the site before trying to login again.

The cookie domain I was talking about is in the admincp, as I said - AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain

Comment

• Zeky
                      • Feb 2009

Finaly!!!! Thank you so much Lynne!

Comment