Clear All
  • GaWd
    • May 2011
    • 3.8.x

From the vb.org forum:

Adding
    Code:
    .bbcode_container .bbcode_quote {font-style: normal !important;}
    to the css_additional.css file fixed it for me.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Glad you sorted it.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• GaWd
        • May 2011
        • 3.8.x

OK, thanks for your help Mark and Zachery. Of my 3 big items, #1 is complete.

So how about #2 and #3?

A reminder: I'm looking for a way to disable vBulletin's "You have been quoted at [forumname]" inbox message, and to get the search buttons working a bit better, since they seem to show posts and threads that they should not, and the converse of that-they do not show other threads that they should.

Those search queries don't work too well. They display post replies out of order, they continue to show 'read' posts, and neither show only a user's unread items.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by GaWd
          From the vb.org forum:

Adding
          Code:
          .bbcode_container .bbcode_quote {font-style: normal !important;}
          to the css_additional.css file fixed it for me.
          That's the same suggestion I made at post #14 except that "!important" is not required.

Originally posted by Mark.B
          As for the old/new post thing, when i styled my vB5 quote boxes (to put a border on them) I sometimes found that existing ones were cached in some way unless edited and saved. Not always though.
          ​That's odd as custom css in css_additional.css for bbcode_quote should be applied even if quotes are cached as long as the HTML markup is the same.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• GaWd
            • May 2011
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
            That's the same suggestion I made at post #14 except that "!important" is not required.
            Yep. Sorry for that. You posted while I was drafting that post reply.

Thanks!

OK, Mark...so the New Posts is broken, and Today's posts is. I'll do my best to make it work for my people.

How about the notifications that I am trying to disable? That's really a must-have, and I don't even understand the need for it or why I have been unable to find a way to disable it without coming to you guys...

Comment

• GaWd
              • May 2011
              • 3.8.x

Ah, after some additional digging, it appears to be a mod that is triggering these email notifications.

How obnoxious.

Comment

• GaWd
                • May 2011
                • 3.8.x

Mark, Zachery:

Is there some particular reason Latest Posts doesn't sort on the Last Post time? Is there something I can toss into the query to get it to sort better?

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by GaWd
                  Mark, Zachery:

Is there some particular reason Latest Posts doesn't sort on the Last Post time? Is there something I can toss into the query to get it to sort better?
                  Do you mean Today's Posts?

There's a bug with this that means it's not as comprehensive as it should be.

Try editing the string (in Site Builder > Navigation Bar), and change lastDay to lastMonth.

It then becomes more accurate due to the increased time frame.

It'll be looked at in a later release though.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• GaWd
                    • May 2011
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

Do you mean Today's Posts?

There's a bug with this that means it's not as comprehensive as it should be.

Try editing the string (in Site Builder > Navigation Bar), and change lastDay to lastMonth.

It then becomes more accurate due to the increased time frame.

It'll be looked at in a later release though.
                    Sorry Mark, you're correct.

Why is Today's Posts not sorting on last post time? Is there something I can do (besides widening the time period) to get it to sort right?

I will probably be changing the time period to month, unless there is a way to include a number of days, instead.

I also notice that it doesn't remove threads that I have posted to, which is curious. They should go away once posted to, no?

Comment