X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibeauty
    • Sep 2010
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin thread as article comments

I have a website and vBulletin forum. Both are different sort of software. I would like to use vBulletin as comment component on my webpage. Is there any interface or mod or anything so my website application could:

- crate a new thread in selected subforum as i commit new article on my website
    - request posts from certain thread to display them as comments under article
    - submit new posts to a certain thread from page with article on my website instead of vBulletin page.

Regards
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to visit www.vbulletin.org to talk about addons and modifications.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by ibeauty
      I have a website and vBulletin forum. Both are different sort of software. I would like to use vBulletin as comment component on my webpage. Is there any interface or mod or anything so my website application could:

- crate a new thread in selected subforum as i commit new article on my website
      - request posts from certain thread to display them as comments under article
      - submit new posts to a certain thread from page with article on my website instead of vBulletin page.

Regards
      Sounds like you need vBAdvanced or something similar.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

It doesn't sound like VBAdvanced (3rd party modification available at www.vbadvanced.com) would be helpful for what he is describing. VBAdvanced is a portal that runs on vBulletin powered pages.

What he is looking for would be some interface to embed vBulletin features in a non-vBulletin powered page, such as some sort of API that could generate pages in <iframes> to show thread posts as comments on some other page. The generated pages wouldn't have the vBulletin header, footer, or navbar, simply the main content of the page.

It's certainly possible with custom coding but I know of no exiting modification I can think of that works this way.

Comment

• ibeauty
          • Sep 2010
          • 3.8.x

Thats shame. @Joe D. do you think that vB API will be enough to get such data?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

The API allows you to browse forum and see threads and posts and do the majority of things you can do via the web interface so yes it's probably there- the issue being there is so little documentation it would probably be easier to build your own custom plugin for the data you want than use the API.

Comment

• ibeauty
              • Sep 2010
              • 3.8.x

One more thing. This question concerns VB5 and it is in VB4 thread. Could you move it?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Yes I moved it but understand the fact it is VB5 changes my answers. Making custom plugins is no longer possible. The extension system in VB5 won't work that way, there is no plugin system. You will need to use the VB5 API. And instead of "little" documentation available for the VB4 API, there is NO documentation for the VB5 API.

Comment

• ibeauty
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 3.8.x

Oh, that's great. Why did you released such unfinished product?

Is being worked, the documentation for API? Is there any estimation date it will be finished?

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

The product isn't unfinished, it's just that there's no API documentation.
                    At this stage no documentation is being worked on, I don't know if this will change in the future.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ibeauty
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 3.8.x

For me it is like you had released board game without instructions. It looks like it have a lot of features, but you don't know what to with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...