Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhens
    • Sep 2012

User Rank Images Are Not Displaying

vBulletin 5.1 using both Firefox and Chrome, user rank images located in /images/ranks/image.png do not display in either the User Ranks portion of admincp or in the threads and forum. The content folder named "ranks" is CHMOD 0755 and the software is allowing new ranks to be created using the images contained in that folder. Updating user titles and ranks does not resolve the issue, nor do any of the other general maintenance tools. Turning off hooks has no effect. What could be causing the issue?
  • rhens
    • Sep 2012

If anyone figures out if this is a bug which requires a JIRA entry let me know. In the interim I've discovered that neither the image path to the "ranks" folder nor an html entry to the "ranks" folder displays the images. In Firefox it displays nothing. In Chrome it displays a "broken image" thumbnail. Hosting the images via a third party image host and using HTML in the title field works, oddly enough.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

You should make a copy of the ranks images in both /images/ranks/ and /core/images/ranks/ folders. They will need to be in both locations to work everywhere properly.

Comment

• rhens
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Joe D.
        You should make a copy of the ranks images in both /images/ranks/ and /core/images/ranks/ folders. They will need to be in both locations to work everywhere properly.
        There is no "/images/ranks" folder outside the core. Are you suggesting I create one?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Yes, create a /ranks/ subfoder of /images/ if it does not exist. Copy all the rank images to it.

Comment

• rhens
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Joe D.
            Yes, create a /ranks/ subfoder of /images/ if it does not exist. Copy all the rank images to it.
            That seems to have worked insofar as displaying the rank images, however, they are now displaying twice, even after having removed the HTML URL links, cleared the system cache, updated the user titles and ranks, etc.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

It appears you have 2 copies of the same rank image,

When I go to your site and look at the The Rules topic I see the double ranks. But when I view the page source only one looks like an actual rank and it has the image URL from Photobucket (the top image.)

The bottom "rank" has the URL from the /images/ranks/ folder.

Did you perhaps manually add template code, add some sort of custom profile field, or do something else to force the rank when it was broken that you haven't undone?

Comment

• rhens
                • Sep 2012

Issue resolved. Thanks for your help, Joe.

Comment

• arabianwolf
                  • Jun 2013

Hi joe !
                  I have the same issue and not resolving,i searched for hours but i am not getting it how to fix it up.
                  can you please till me what do you mean by this core folder ?
                  my image lies in /public_html/mywebsite/images/ranks/admin.png
                  but its not showing up in either admincp and forum both please help me solve this issue.

Comment