You are not authorized to create this post. (When uplading file)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PET
    • Mar 2002

You are not authorized to create this post. (When uplading file)

Hello,

currently running vB 5.1.0 Beta 3.

1. Upload attachment (Image)
    2. Write some text
    3. Click Post

Registred Users get "You are not authorized to create this post.".
    Admins & Moderators have no problems attaching images and posting.

Any ideas? I checked permissions & Channel Permissions and Registred Users are allowed to Upload Attachments.

Thank You

EDIT: It seems that after the error message, if I refresh or load the topic, my post is posted but WITHOUT the attachment.
    EDIT 2: ok. If I add the image as thumbnail/fullsize/etc ... it get's posted after I refresh the topic. I still get the error. If I don't put the image in, I don't see the attachment as link!
    Last edited by PET; Fri 7 Mar '14, 2:16am.
    GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.
  • PET
    • Mar 2002

This is how a user sees the options.
    I have another test user... and that user sees the "Thumbnail, full size, etc" options.
    Attached Files

Comment

• PET
      • Mar 2002

This is some weird ****. I can't see my attachments from my main user. I even logged out, still can't see them. I cleared my cache and now I can't even see them in Chrome (The browser I used to upload the attachments). Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	4022761

Comment

Are users able to create, view, modify Albums?

What happens if a user doesn't use the photo camera button, but the Image button under advanced options?

Comment

• PET
          • Mar 2002

Ok so the image I posted in post #2 is like that because he was using the Photo Camera Button and not the "Upload Attachments" button that is on the Right. Problem still remains. 1. I click the right button "Upload Attachments". 2. Click a picture. 3. Write Something 4. Post Reply 5. I get that error
          6. I click ok, nothing happens.
          7. If I refresh the topic, I see my post without the attachment. What I see different is that here on vBulletin when I click "Insert Image" I see the [ IMG ] tags. On my forum I actually see the image posted in.
          Attached Files

Comment

• datacrux
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.6.x

i have the same problem too...

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Please don't bump others posts, thanks.

Comment

• PET
                • Mar 2002

What about an official bump?

Comment

• PET
                  • Mar 2002

Updated to RC1. I still can't upload files with a normal user.

1. I click the right left icon "Upload Attachments".
                  2. I select my file.
                  3. File appears below this writing box
                  4. I attack my picture to the post... like "Small"
                  5. Picture appears on the post
                  6. I click Post Reply
                  7. I get that error message.

The post is being posted if I refrehs the page or open the page in another browser. I see the text, I also see my image if I refresh in my current browser. But if I go on another browser I see the classic "missing image".

This is where the image is "pointing" at: http://www.xbass.ro/forum/filedata/f...316&type=small

I have no "filedata" folder on my server.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Have you got comments disabled by any chance?
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• PET
                      • Mar 2002

It seems that Comments were disabled for Registred Users.

Problem is that my forum is incredible incredible slow right now even that I'm like the only one online and the server is ok. Only 8% load according to Cpanel.
                      5.19 5.78 5.70 | 19 Users Online (2 members and 17 guests)

This is another problem that I'm having with vB5. Is very slow at times.

Ok. 3rd time in a row. I want to enable Comments for Registred Users. I click save and it takes forever to load, then I get this error:

---------
                      Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------

I'm updating to 5.1.0 Final.
                      Last edited by PET; Fri 14 Mar '14, 6:11pm.

Comment

• PET
                        • Mar 2002

Ok. Updated to 5.1.0 Final.
                        I managed to enable "Comments" for Registred Users and I was able to post a picture like it normally should have happened.

One of my "theories" why the forum works super hard sometimes and then "bam" it works super good ... I suspect that there might be some cron job that is running at that time. The host also suggested that here might be some bad query.

I tried to manually run "queueprocessor" cron job and I got this:

queueprocessor

Warning: include_once([path]/./includes/cron/queueprocessor.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp/cronadmin.php on line 107

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '[path]/./includes/cron/queueprocessor.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/admincp/cronadmin.php on line 107

Comment

• Doug Brott
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 3.6.x

I had this problem as well. In my case it turned out to be that the Channel Permissions were causing the problem. "Can Comment" was disabled in Channel Permissions for the user group but were enabled in the user group permissions. This was immediately following an upgrade from vb4 to vb5.1.0.

It worked without issue on vb4, but I can see how there could be a bit of a conflict between the two permission types. The part that is odd is that if the comments were actually getting posted (and they were), then why wasn't the image/attachment getting uploaded? My expectation would be that either both attachments and comments would work or both would fail depending on the hierarchy of the permissions. I suspect there is a bug in there somewhere that will need to be addressed at some point.

The morale of the story is make sure to verify permissions in (1) Attachments, (2) Usergroups, and (3) Channels if you find that you are having this problem with 5.1.0.

Comment

• stcorp
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 5.0.X

Is there a resolution to this? We are getting the same error when trying to upload photos to our forum. We want comments to be turned off though. What do comments have to do with photo upload?

We are allowing replies, but not comments.

vb5.1.0, unfortunately.

Comment

• stcorp
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by statacorp
                              Is there a resolution to this? We are getting the same error when trying to upload photos to our forum. We want comments to be turned off though. What do comments have to do with photo upload?

We are allowing replies, but not comments.

vb5.1.0, unfortunately.
                              Ok, this is indeed a bug in vBulletin 5.1.0. I found a hint at how to work around it in another thread. Let me fully describe it here.

This issue arises if the channel permissions for a particular usergroup have 'Can Comment' set to 'No', OR if in AdminCP -- Settings -- Options -- Message Posting and Editing Options, 'Topic Comment Posting' is set to 'No'.

You have to set 'Can Comment' for all usergroups for all channels to 'Yes', AND you have to turn 'Topic Comment Posting' on in the Message Posting and Editing Options.

But, you may say (like we did) -- we don't want to allow comments. We just want to allow replies.

Well, the hack to work around this is to simply hide from users the ability to post comments even though it is enabled. As described here, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...28#post4025528 you can add the following to your css_additional.css template:

Code:
                              .js-post-control__comment {
                                display: none !important;
                              }
                              This "hack" effectively disables comments, because you can't get to the link for them anymore, but works around whatever bug in vBulletin 5.1.0 somehow tied together commenting with photo uploading/posting.

Comment

• Fred Li
                                Fred Li commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Awesome, it worked!