X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PET
    • Mar 2002

Users can't edit posts & MySQL has gone away problems

Hello,

I'm currently using 5.1.0 Beta 2. I know you are not providing support for beta but keep in mind I have this problems since vB5.0.

Users can't EDIT their posts. I click edit, nothing happens. If I try to leave the page I get that "are you sure you want to leave the page bla bla bla yes- no".
    As Admin I can edit posts with no problems.

I checked User permissions and they are ok so it's something with the system and not with permissions.

Another problem that I have is that after the upgrade to vB5 from vB4 the forum is very very slow. Occasionally I get emails like:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM vb_cache
    WHERE `cacheid` IN ('stylevar_cache_16');

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    The hosting company said that it's ok, they don't see any problem but they might suspect there is some Query that is not optimized. Truth be told I only noticed this occasionally.

Any suggestions?

Thank You
    GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Delete your cache in the AdminCP under Maintenance.

Contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase the max_allowed_packet variable from 1 MB to 4 MB.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• PET
      • Mar 2002

I contacted the host. About the Cache in AdminCP I deleted it ... a lot of times.

The host told me that the "max_allowed_packet" is already 64MB.

----------
      Another error:

Invalid SQL:
      SELECT DISTINCT node.nodeid, node.contenttypeid
      FROM vb_node AS starter INNER JOIN vb_node AS node ON (node.starter = starter.nodeid)
      WHERE (
      )AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (22,29)
      ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT
      20;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')AND node.contenttypeid NOT IN (22,29)
      ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT
      20' at line 4
      Error Number : 1064
      Last edited by PET; Tue 18 Feb '14, 12:18pm.

Comment

• PET
        • Mar 2002

I'm checking the logs and this are some of the errors I see:

Code:
        [02-Mar-2014 05:22:04 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'MySQL server has gone away' in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php:120
        Stack trace:
        #0 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php(101): vB_dB_Query_Update->doUpdates()
        #1 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(282): vB_dB_Query_Update->execSQL()
        #2 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(517): vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery('session', Array)
        #3 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/session.php(450): vB_dB_Assertor->update('session', Array, Array)
        #4 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/library/user.php(731): vB_Session->save()
        #5 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/mail.php(423): vB_Library_User->updateEmailFloodTime()
        #6 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/mail.php(120): vB_Mail->send()
        #7 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/exception/database.php(39): vB_Mail::vbmail('bogdan@g...', 'Database Error', '????Database er...', true, 'bogdan.@g...', '', '', true)
        #8 /home/xbass/public_htm in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php on line 120
        Code:
        [03-Mar-2014 02:09:58 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'MySQL server has gone away' in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php:120
        Stack trace:
        #0 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php(101): vB_dB_Query_Update->doUpdates()
        #1 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(282): vB_dB_Query_Update->execSQL()
        #2 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(517): vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery('session', Array)
        #3 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/session.php(450): vB_dB_Assertor->update('session', Array, Array)
        #4 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/shutdown.php(84): vB_Session->save()
        #5 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/vb.php(454): vB_Shutdown->shutdown()
        #6 [internal function]: vB::shutdown()
        #7 {main}
          thrown in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php on line 120
        I also have a ****load of errors like this:

Code:
        [03-Mar-2014 18:29:21 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function isnumeric() in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb5/route/legacy/vbcms.php on line 38
        Any help please?

Comment

• PET
          • Mar 2002

Official Bump

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

If you're still running Beta 2, please upgrade to the RC and let us know if you still have problems.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• PET
              • Mar 2002

Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0 Release Candidate 1:

Invalid SQL:
              SELECT * FROM vb_cache
              WHERE `cacheid` IN ('stylevar_cache_16');

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
              Error Number : 2006
              Error log:

[12-Mar-2014 19:35:38 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'MySQL server has gone away' in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php:120
              Stack trace:
              #4 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/shutdown.php(84): vB_Session->save()
              #5 /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/vb.php(454): vB_Shutdown->shutdown()
              #6 [internal function]: vB::shutdown()
              #7 {main}
              thrown in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/update.php on line 120

[12-Mar-2014 21:01:42 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function isnumeric() in /home/xbass/public_html/forum/core/vb5/route/legacy/vbcms.php on line 38
              Any ideas?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Error log doesn't really give us any actionable information. MySQL is dying for some reason. One of its values is too low and it is simply closing the connection before the query is completed. What is the wait_timeout on your server? Default value is 38400 seconds or one day.

I've submitted the PHP error to be resolved. That is an obvious bug. Sorry I missed it before.
                Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 12 Mar '14, 11:35am.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment