How can I change a secondary usergroup into being the primary usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FBlack-HPath
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

How can I change a secondary usergroup into being the primary usergroup?

I have a lot of (or a group of) users that have the standard 'registered user' as their primary usergroup and are allocated to a special secondary usergroup. I'm having problems* with the 'secondary usergroup' functionality, so I'd really like to be able to just make them all set to be in that special group as their Primary Usergroup' instead. This doesn't seem possible with the admin>move/prune and it also doesn't seem possible with the promotions. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?

* (When I use admin>users>search for users and set 'Primary Usergroup' to 'Registered Users' and then check the correct box for their 'Secondary Usergroup' and search, I get 10,000+ results, even when there are only 2,000 people in that secondary group. And, when I go to admin>usergroups>usergroup manager>Custom Usergroups and select 'Show All Additional Users' I still get 10,000+ results instead of the 2,000 that are actually in that group.)
    Last edited by FBlack-HPath; Fri 31 Jan '14, 4:37pm. Reason: usergroups
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What problem are you having with secondary usergroups?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...