Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSquid
    • Mar 2005

How do I mark all forums read?

Question says it all....what's the code I need to use for a link in my nav bar get all forums marked as read in my 5.0.5 site?

Thanks!
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

The homepage already has the nav bar link "MARK FORUMS READ". Does it not work?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You cannot add a link to the navbar to Mark Forums Read. The original required some tweaking that isn't possible directly in the UI.

There is a link at the bottom of the Forums page that works (it doesn't work if copied) and in each channel you can mark that channel read on its gear menu.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MrSquid
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You cannot add a link to the navbar to Mark Forums Read. The original required some tweaking that isn't possible directly in the UI.

There is a link at the bottom of the Forums page that works (it doesn't work if copied) and in each channel you can mark that channel read on its gear menu.
        Awesome - the link at the bottom worked. Would be awesome if there was a way to get that into the nav bar.

How would I change the wording to "Mark All Forums Read" instead of channels? (my users know the areas as forums - not channels) I found in Firebug that it's div class list-footer and then markschannelsread. I must be missing something because I can't find that anywhere to change it. Thanks!

Regarding the original link at the top, without thinking I I cleared out the nav bar without thinking when I started building my site. Oops...

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

Originally posted by MrSquid
          How would I change the wording to "Mark All Forums Read" instead of channels? (my users know the areas as forums - not channels) I found in Firebug that it's div class list-footer and then markschannelsread. I must be missing something because I can't find that anywhere to change it. Thanks!
          It is a phrase you can find in the language.xml, so change it by translating it.

Comment

• MrSquid
            • Mar 2005

Perfect - thanks. I was overthinking it and didn't check there.

Comment