X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nigelmoore
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

Problemes scrolling and clicking in Vb 5.05

We have a new VB 5.05 installation (2 months old) and seem to be having quite a few problems. I've looked througth some of the history of bugs here but don't seem to find our ones, so I'm curious

Our main 2 problems (and they may be related) are that once a user posts a reply to a topic, they have to try scrolling back up the top a few times before the window actually scrolls up. The window keeps forcing them to stay down the bottom of the topic for a few seconds and then eventually goes back up the top (where they can then click on the headings to go the section they were in to go to the next topic).

The other problem which *could* be related is that when users are typing out a post in the normal reply window, if they want to click somewhere else in the window, to fix a previous mistake, they can't. The cursor will only let them type at the end of what they are typing and not anywhere else in the post window.

I personally get both of these myself all the time and so do our users (i'm using Google Chrome).

It's as if there is some broken Javascript causing these problems.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by nigelmoore
    Our main 2 problems (and they may be related) are that once a user posts a reply to a topic, they have to try scrolling back up the top a few times before the window actually scrolls up. The window keeps forcing them to stay down the bottom of the topic for a few seconds and then eventually goes back up the top (where they can then click on the headings to go the section they were in to go to the next topic).
    We are having the same issue here.

Originally posted by nigelmoore
    The other problem which *could* be related is that when users are typing out a post in the normal reply window, if they want to click somewhere else in the window, to fix a previous mistake, they can't. The cursor will only let them type at the end of what they are typing and not anywhere else in the post window.
    However, I just tested this one, and we don't have this issue.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

There are issues in Chrome with CKEditor in 5.0.5. Refreshing the page usually helps.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The scrolling was actually envisioned as a feature to take the person to their post, which would be at the bottom of the screen. It didn't turn out very well in practice and there is a JIRA to fix the issue. If you wait just a second or two though, you can scroll up properly.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nigelmoore
          • Nov 2013
          • 5.0.X

Thanks Mark, however for the first option - this is a pain to try and tell users that they have to continually refresh their page when it happens. Do you know when this is going to be fixed?

For the second option, i'm not sure what you mean re: a JIRA - is this something we can run on our end to fix the problem?

Many thanks.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

JIRA is the software we use for our bug tracker. Licensed customers can access/search/post to it by clicking on the TRACKER link at the top of the page.

Comment