• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philip Funplus
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

Private Message Limits

Hello,

I have a problem with some of my members on the forum, when they try to send private messages, they won't send due to too many messages in my inbox.

Members have cleared all of the messages in the inbox and they still get the error displayed.

"You have reached your stored private message quota of 50 messages. You have 53 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

Any ideas how to fix this?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

In "Message Center" click on "Sent Items" - delete all the messages under Sent Items, they count toward the maximum as well,

Comment

• Philip Funplus
      • Nov 2013
      • 5.0.X

Hello,

Yeah all messages have been deleted and users still have a problem.

I think its a bug in our version 5.0.5. For some unknown reason the control panel of the forum says this is the latest version, however, I have had a look and there are more recent versions out and it looks like a minor upgrade to version 5.1.0 will fix this bug.

Release notes for 5.1.0 here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...&version=10861

Thanks

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Philip Funplus
        For some unknown reason the control panel of the forum says this is the latest version, however, I have had a look and there are more recent versions out
        vB 5.0.5 is the latest stable release, vB 5.1.0 is currently available as an alpha and not recommended to be used on live sites. See here for more information:
        This is an unstable Alpha Release of the software. It is not recommended to be used on production systems at this time. Today we're proud to release the Alpha of vBulletin 5.1.0. It is available to all

There is no official release date for the stable (final) version of vB 5.1.0 available yet.

Comment

• craigyb
          • Jun 2008

Delete Sent Messages for User does not work in 5.2.3

When you run it again it says their are not but the user is still over their quota and stats show they are still there.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Please start your own thread with full details of the problem, thanks.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• online68
              • Mar 2015

Wondering if the original post is still an issue. I'm running 5.3.0 and just got an email from a member of my forum that she has deleted all received and sent PMs and it still says she's reached the limit. As a temporary fix, I increased the allowable limit.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by online68
                Wondering if the original post is still an issue. I'm running 5.3.0 and just got an email from a member of my forum that she has deleted all received and sent PMs and it still says she's reached the limit. As a temporary fix, I increased the allowable limit.
                There is a scheduled task named

Permanently Delete Private Messages
                This task will remove up to 500 Private Messages which have been marked for deletion.

The task runs every 10 minutes so if they have just deleted their messages the task probably has not yet run.

Comment

• online68
                  online68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, awesome. Thank you so much. I'll alert my members. I did not know this.