X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjolley2000
    • Dec 2013
    • 5.0.X

Facebook Login (vB5)

I have choosen to enable the "facebook" login option for members, via the admin CP > Options> Facebook Options > Enable Facebook Platform . I have also upgraded my server account to include a deticated IP and SSL license to enable this option. However, it still does not appear to be adding the ability to enable facebook login / linking options to www.RideorRot.com . I do not see any other thread addressing this as well, I have no idea what I am dong incorrectly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Did you enter your Facebook App ID and Secret into Facebook Options in the Admin CP?

FYI- neither a dedicated IP or SSL is required for Facebook logins AKA Facebook Connect.

Comment

• tjolley2000
      • Dec 2013
      • 5.0.X

No, I thought those where for facebook apps, not the login. Ill look into those
      If I remember right, the info in the admin cp, said that a SSL was required for it to work. My host, required a dedicated IP, to beable to get a SSL.. again, if I remember correctly.

Comment

• tjolley2000
        • Dec 2013
        • 5.0.X

Do we have to build our own Login (javescript) app for facebook log in? or is there something / code ready to enter on the page that can be used to get this functioning quickly? (which was the impression I was under)

Comment

• thetalktalk
          • Dec 2013
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by tjolley2000
          Do we have to build our own Login (javescript) app for facebook log in? or is there something / code ready to enter on the page that can be used to get this functioning quickly? (which was the impression I was under)
          Go to https://developers.facebook.com and create a new application. Enter your website URL in site URL and post. Copy your App ID and secret ID and use them for Facebook Connect

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You need to have a verified facebook account as well to be able to create a developer application.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

You don't need to code anything yourself. You will need the App ID and secret as explained above... You put those into the Facebook Options as well as enable the Facebook Platform. Once enabled you will see a Facebook login button on the Log In/Sign Up form and users will also have the option of posting content to their Facebook timeline (connected users will see a "Publish to Facebook" checkbox below the editor.)

Comment